16' Series Expanda bed end retaining locks - knob replacement

Paul Ramsden

Jun 3, 2014
Hi all,
Apologies if this is the wrong area, first post.
I was looking for some advice regarding the locks used to retain the bed ends on our 2003 Expanda (see picture).
The plastic knob has sheared off, Jayco only offer a complete replacement including the lock for $35. Has anyone else suffered this and if so what alternative fixes did you come up with?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 894.JPG
    894.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 698

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi all,
I was looking for some advice regarding the locks used to retain the bed ends on our 2003 Expanda (see picture).
The plastic knob has sheared off, Jayco only offer a complete replacement including the lock for $35. Has anyone else suffered this and if so what alternative fixes did you come up with?
Thanks in advance.

These are the older Expanda bed locks. I saw these somewhere a couple of years ago. Try your Jayco dealer also these guys list something but no photo?

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info_supplier.php?supplier_products_id=225823

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi all,
Thanks in advance.

Had the same issue with our last expanda @Paul Ramsden
We bit the bullet and replaced the whole unit. Purchased from local Jayco dealer but think they were cheaper than $35 from memory!!