Expanda 14.44.4

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
I have just been looking at the brochure. It shows the expanded bed. Adjacent to this is the dining table. Does that table drop down to make an extra bed like the table in my Swift does?
I like the idea of the pop top Expanda, but don't really want to drag a 16 or 18 footer around the country side. I like the Swift for that reason. It's small compact and sleeps 5.
I am not convinced I need an off road version. How many times in reality have you all needed that off road ability. With the Swift, I know I can take the axle from over the spring and put it under the Spring. I would imagine, correct me if I am wrong, that one could do the same with the 14.44?

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi @Stan53

We have the 14.44-4. Yes you can do a spring over conversion to gain height. We have the outback and love the extra height you get with that.

As for the dinette, it is not standard as a bed conversion. You could ask but to be honest only my five yr old would fit on it comfortably! Do you need the extra sleeping? Our two love the bunks and are also heaps long enough for me, not that I need to sleep on them - I am 6 foot 3 inches!

BJ.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Yes you can sort of.....
It's an optional extra for the bed converter, this consists of an extra table specifically for this task a cushion to fill the gap & the base cushions for the table are a slightly different shape (flat) plus little rails are added for the table to sit on.
The extra table has different smaller rubber surround so it can sit flat on the support rails & a stumpy leg.
I have pulled mine out as we don't use it, I can always put it back in if we take an extra kid with us.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
We have 3 kids which is why I asked.
There is one other possible problem. The high clearance into my back yard is 2 metres. I seem to remember that the height of the 14.44 was 7ft 5inches. If that is correct then it won't fit.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
We have 3 kids which is why I asked.
There is one other possible problem. The high clearance into my back yard is 2 metres. I seem to remember that the height of the 14.44 was 7ft 5inches. If that is correct then it won't fit.
Just went out and measured ours for you...
It is the 2013 Outback 14.44-4 and is approx 2450-2500 allowing for the Winegard snow flake antenna. Get one with a roof top air-con and would be slightly higher again.

BJ