Expanda 14.44-4 outback price

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi All,
new to the forum and this is my first post.
i am looking at buying a new 14.44-4 ob expanda. This has a great layout with bunks for the kids and a comfy bed for the wife and I.
I have the following additions / options.
- 150 litre fridge upgrades
- Extra power points
- Front privacy screen
- 19 inch led tvwith built in dvd player, usd and with wind up Winegaurd Senar HV Antenna
- 90 Watt solar panel 100ah AGM battery and 30 Amp regulator. This gives me reserve to add a large folding solar panel.
- Fusion remote control stereo with speakers, iPod docking, mp3, USB.
- Reich remote control caravan Eco mover
Also 2013 model comes with Carefree rollout awning, Heron cabinet a/c, annex led light, interior led lights, galvanized rear bumper bar and gas bayonet outside the van.
price negotiated so far $38,000 drive away. Is this a good price for the outback?

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
Hey Rockape,

When we shopped around for our Expanda we found that the price you paid was pretty much comparable with others buying at the same time, give or take extras & distance away from factory etc.

We bought our van in Sept 2011 and at the time thought as you are now, but two years later and after 40000km of travel we don't really care about what we paid. The simple fact is we are getting value because we've been around the block in it and continue to get away whenever we can, so a little bit here or there on purchase pails in comparison to the value you get using the van.

Hope I've made sense, and in any case it's only money!

Reactions: Rockape

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome Rockape,

I'm not sure on prices for that model but it does sound reasonable,just a thought you might want to list the price of the mover because it is not a standard extra ,that way someone might be able to compare apples with apples.

Reactions: Rockape

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
Thanks for the replies. Yes I have a tight squeeze to fit the Jayco down the side of the house. We used to have a Jayco finch outback which we just sold and I used to use a ratchet jockey wheel to park it. Now getting older and my back is getting cactus. It was a $1800 option fitted at the factory. I looked at the powered jockey movers and the ones that attach to the tow ball and found these to be a lot more expensive And did not automatically break the van when disengaging power where the Reich power mover does. It has soft start and soft stop. Very smoothe. I can watch the van from the side while I move if. Cheap peace of mined I reckon If. I did not order the power mover and hit the van I would not be happy.
So hopefully I will order the Expanda and it will arrive the same time as my mew Ranger XLT
Cheers Nick

Reactions: 17triton