ESC anyone ?

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Hi
I'm the local authorised installer of ESC systems from Alko. I've fitted heaps but have never had a chance to ask the customers how they are going later on, Can anyone tell me if they notice the difference, or a thankful they had it fitted (like a seat clenching moment) be nice to tell customers they really work from other ppl's experience

Thanks Dave

Reactions: blacky

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
No.
Alko will only sell to a company who has someone who has done their installation training. I can't even purchase them for cashie jobs outside of work.

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
maybe you can get it fitted on a trip, all you need is the chassis number if it's prewired, to order a unit from alko that matches the van, then book it in for fitting (only takes a hour) at a dealer. might save you a few dollars

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
don't quote me as i don't handle the $$$'s at work, but somewhere between 1200 and 1400 i think

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
All good to date after 2500+kms. no need to test it out by the seat clenching moments and otherwise can't notice it when on the straight an narrow (mine is a retrofit).

I did notice - only once - that it applied the brakes for a moment for no apparent reason. I had just drive out of about 2km in off road conditions (easy 4x4 county) and after about 500m down the bitumen after pulling out of the property the brakes applied for a moment... I put it down to the module readjusting to the conditions.

Having since driven 1000km+ all is still good and will highly recommend to anyone. I bet the magic black box can apply the brakes quicker than anyone reaching for the manual override on the brake controller in a sticky situation.

Reactions: CJ1177

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Alok did tell us that if driving in offroad conditions to disconnect the ESC from the car as it's more of a problem than a cure trying to put brakes on when not needed. having said that it's not easy for a factory fit, as they wire to the hot wire ... i'll leave it to the individual to find a way around this if they need too, as my recommendation would go against alko's guidelines for installations :)