emptying water tanks?

SYDXR6

Sep 4, 2013
We picked up our new Starcraft 16.67-1 this weekend and the dealer had both water tanks filled. Does anyone know a way to empty tanks without hand pumping through kitchen sink? Is there a release valve or similar anywhere? 164 Kilos heavier than I would like to be on first shakedown trip. Will post pics soon.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
As an aside I keep my tanks full to the brim when stored. Stops any algal growth and I have had no problem with this strategy in over 5 years.

Reactions: blacky

SYDXR6

Sep 4, 2013
Thankyou all for the helpful advice. My garden has scored a free watering courtesy of Jayco Ballarat.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I thought algae did not grow in the dark.
Correct! But it does grow in the clear plastic filling hoses which tend to receive a degree of light. Water + air + light = algal growth. With the air removed by filling with water seems to be ok in my case.

donnybabes

Dec 24, 2012
Bendigo Vic
I have algae in my hoses due to them being clear.I have'nt kept the tanks full when stored (lesson learned from the forum).I am now in the process of cleaning the hoses and tanks with bleach solution to remove the algae.Although Im a little bit anxious that I dont flood the van,as I have never done this before.

pomtony

Oct 30, 2013
I have algae in my hoses due to them being clear.I have'nt kept the tanks full when stored (lesson learned from the forum).I am now in the process of cleaning the hoses and tanks with bleach solution to remove the algae.Although Im a little bit anxious that I dont flood the van,as I have never done this before.

i just did all mine an a 17, i removed all the clear hoses, used rope with rag tied to it and put a bit of domestos down there and pulled back and forth till clean then rinsed off several times, then removed both tanks, and filled with chlorine soluton, left overnight then rinsed several times (pool has never been so full)
this was done as we just got the van and didnt know state of tanks, what quality of water has been in tanks, and the inside of hoses was a nice shade of dark green!
all clean now and im pondering installing a best filter into the system

Reactions: cruza driver