Echuca Caravan Parks

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Hi guys,
Heading for Echuca in mid-March for a 4 or 5 night stay and we’re looking for recommendations re the local parks.

What we’re after is a non-powered site with room to move (don’t like being shoehorned in to tiny spaces) but with access to public amenities shower and toilet as the only stipulation.
Showers etc. don’t have to be right next to us just within walking or push bike distance.
Close to the river would also be great.

Any ideas??.....TIA.
Regards,
Greg.

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Have only stayed at the Rotary Free Camp at Echuca, its central to town but only has a dump point and water, miniture railway operates at times, have a look here for some reports that others may have elft https://www.expandasdownunder.com/forums/caravan-park-feedback-free-camp-reviews.27/

I like the rotary park, especially next to the river. $10 a night. Generators ok.

Rotary Park looks good and we've had a look at it online but this is the luxury ;)part of our holiday and Rotary Park looks to be more suited to self contained vans. After a few days in Echuca we'll using the Pota Loo and taking bucket baths (or the river if it's not too cold) for a week or so and we reckon that'll be enough this time round.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Echuca has plenty ro see and do so a park is certainly needed then, paddle steamer ride, chocolate shop and the Holden Museum are a must.

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Thanks guys for the suggestions. While we’re in Echuca I might check out Rotary Park and see what is available but we won’t be staying there this time around.

Now it’s time to own up; I have booked 4 nights at the Echuca Discovery Caravan Park with an ensuite. I know this vulgar display of opulent wealth will be viewed poorly but for 4 days I can take a dump in complete comfort :amen:

Should be a great trip, the itinerary is; Underbool, Echuca, Mungo National Park, Lyrup Flats (my favourite) then back to Gawler. Echuca March 2020 Itinerary

Two weeks and 1500kms, it will be a good test run for the car with its new trans cooler and rear suspension.

Greg.

Reactions: 1DayIll and Drover

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I’m staying at coco bend caravan park at Moana on the 19th of March for 5 days I’ll let you know what it’s like after my stay, will be a bit late for you but might be a good reference for next time

Reactions: 1DayIll

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Mu
Thanks guys for the suggestions. While we’re in Echuca I might check out Rotary Park and see what is available but we won’t be staying there this time around.

Now it’s time to own up; I have booked 4 nights at the Echuca Discovery Caravan Park with an ensuite. I know this vulgar display of opulent wealth will be viewed poorly but for 4 days I can take a dump in complete comfort :amen:

Should be a great trip, the itinerary is; Underbool, Echuca, Mungo National Park, Lyrup Flats (my favourite) then back to Gawler. Echuca March 2020 Itinerary

Two weeks and 1500kms, it will be a good test run for the car with its new trans cooler and rear suspension.

Greg.
Mungo is fantistic when driveing home we went via balranald and did a farm stay there grab some wood you can have fires at mungo fire pits there the loop drive is very good

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds great, I like driving the Mallee Hwy, Murrayville has some old wrecks of General Grant tanks by the roadside, plenty of room to stop as I chucked a Uey with Big Mal when I saw what was sitting there....... Let us know what the road from Balranald to Mungo is like as well................
Of pics will be required.

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
The tanks at Murrayville must be relatively recent because I grew up at Lameroo and they weren't there then.
Will keep an eye out for them and will definitely be stopping to have a look.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They are on the edge of town not a park just in a property by the roadside, looks like a pile of old farm machinery though.

IMG_20190506_134100.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1DayIll

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Sounds great, I like driving the Mallee Hwy, Murrayville has some old wrecks of General Grant tanks by the roadside, plenty of room to stop as I chucked a Uey with Big Mal when I saw what was sitting there....... Let us know what the road from Balranald to Mungo is like as well................
Of pics will be required.
We did it a few years back it was very good we did the old pooncarrie rd from broken hill and along the darling station stay at mmmm forget will get to you it was very very good its sliped my old mind i can see the sign just carnt read it starts with B gee i am getting old stay tuned

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I remember i remember im at my daughters karate training it just came to me Bindara Station on the Darling very old station well worth going to anyone bit off topic but thats how we roll great camp never heard so many small birds singing in the morning 5 stars

Reactions: Drover