Easter trip

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Well easter is comming fast and off to Eldee Station we go this time i hope it dosnt rain north of eldee and close roads like last year .....
So after eldee head to cameron corner camp the night ditch the van there drive to Innamincka then out to dig tree do a loop drive 120 odd ks back to the corner in one day ????? Is that to far i know a lot depends on road conditions
Hope its doable cause thats my plan

Innamincka to dig tree is an easy drive. Cameron Corner to Innamincka is about 300Km!
A lot of water out that way just now, Buloo River in flood. Check conditons.
Be nice to be going too, have a good trip.

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think its all still a tad boggy, then the roads will be as rough as guts for months, no matter what vehicle it would be a bone shaker.....so dont forget the pics bluedog.(or bog roll)

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Yea thought as much if roads are ok a very early start from the corner and its very doable be a very big day but well worth it i have the extra time to do it so heres hopeing
Noccundra pub is good base to do the dig tree and inniminka as a day trip roads are usually good because of the oil and gas fields saying that this year I would check before commuting yourself As there is a lot of flooding out there now the pub has free sites on the river or a few powered sites with water behind the pub

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
If the roads are okay take the van and stay in the town of innamincka in cooper creek, check at the corner for the best road to use, the road out to the dig tree was really crap when we went but up to innamincka wasn’t too bad but it changes quickly. I really hope either way you get there is a great part of our history that doesn’t appear to be taught in schools anymore for whatever reason ??

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Check out Eldee Station web site Easter event your more than welcome i will be closer to all these roads there and the station owner is a world of info our first year couldnt go to mungo on way home rained out 2nd year went to mungo 3rd year wanted to do corner and dig tree roads to wet its our 4th year this year so i realy want to get there ive wanted to go home via strezleki track from the corner to flinders rangers but thats a bit of a mission but will get to that one day .
Today i took off huge box on front of van as im takeing the Prado not the cruiser as the prado is more nimble in the sandy creek beds during the ARB comps and its allready battle scared from other years i came 9th last year out of 24 cars winning one stage beating MR4x4 pat Callahan i aim for similar this year top 10 is fine by me as im against much better drivers and 4x4s than mine and me but smooth is the key its a family event dont need a full on 4x4 to enter its designed for the average 4x4 its filmed every year and theres things on the web about it with fottage its a great weeked and great people to chat to

Hi @Bluey i assume you are going back to Broken Hill then up to the corner, I would take the van up to Tibooburra, good camp there, then on through the Warri Gate up to the Noccundra Pub as Poor but proud said, free camp by the Wilson river or at the pub, great Tbone steaks, from there it is an easy run to the Dig tree, bitumen all the way to the dig tree turn off.
I would not attempt to take the van into the tree, about 14Km as the road is private and very bad with deep creek washes. You could continue on to Innamincka and drop the van returning the 50 Km to the tree to do the tourist thing.
From Innamincka it is up to you and how much time you have, take the Strzelecki back to the corner and then towards home?.
The turn off to the tree wasn't signposted when we went there, it was on a sheet of rusted corrigated iron proped up on something on the south east side of the road, be alert!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well Easter has been and gone, I might have Easter in July at the Dig Tree ............. With borders closed till possibly end of June it should be less crowded when I get there end of June, hope SA opens its gate as I would like to go to Innaminka as well while out that way, might not get another chance, this trip its going with fingers crossed as it is......

Oh crap, just did a road check, floods again........................... notices issued for out that way at 1430 today, flood waters.......

Last edited:

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Well Easter has been and gone, I might have Easter in July at the Dig Tree ............. With borders closed till possibly end of June it should be less crowded when I get there end of June, hope SA opens its gate as I would like to go to Innaminka as well while out that way, might not get another chance, this trip its going with fingers crossed as it is......

Oh crap, just did a road check, floods again........................... notices issued for out that way at 1430 today, flood waters.......
Plenty of time between now and when you want to travel. Hope its all open.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well the main road is open just the surrounds is damp which always makes one wary out there, doesn't take much then knee deep in it, its got 2 weeks to dry out a bit....expect to be in Quilpie by 29th but since we "linga longa" at some places it could be July 29th..........

Reactions: 1DayIll