17' Series Drawer for front hatch

mikerosenkids

Sep 18, 2013
Loftus
Here is a drawer I installed to our van.
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG
IMG_1780.JPG
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG
When set up I slide it out half way and use it as a second bench top together with my Camp kitchen

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
That's great! How much does it weigh? I thought about doing similar but the weight put me off. That looks nice, Simple and basic, good job. Can you post a photo of the under carriage of that draw so I can copy it before you put a patent on it.

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
love this idea, I get sick of trying to reach that one thing that always seems to be just out of reach or unpacking things to get something that has made its way to the middle. Where did you get your drawers bent up???? Is the drawer in one piece or two, if two, you could slide half out each side of van

mikerosenkids

Sep 18, 2013
Loftus
Thanks guys

Awesome ! Especially like the way you got the Blonde to pose on top of the drawer on pic 5 ;)
With my Good looks I could have been a hand model you know lol
love this idea, I get sick of trying to reach that one thing that always seems to be just out of reach or unpacking things to get something that has made its way to the middle. Where did you get your drawers bent up???? Is the drawer in one piece or two, if two, you could slide half out each side of van
Where I park the van in the garage you can't access one side of the hatch so now I pull the draw out and drag the stuff out

Reactions: jed

mikerosenkids

Sep 18, 2013
Loftus
I have a guillotine and sheetmetal folder at work

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
mikerosenkids the more i look at this the more i like it what thickness is the checkerplate

cheers

BMWTAL

Apr 26, 2013
Townsville
Great job. I'm looking at doing the same with a front box on the a-frame. My biggest problem is finding the 2-way slides/rail. where did you get yours?

ben