Dishwasher - a must !

Macropod

Sep 5, 2013
Cordeaux Heights, NSW
A couple of pics of the dishwasher I installed in our 20.63.1 Ordered the van with a deeper cabinet, water, drainage and power at the front to accommodate the Omega dishwasher. The way I figure it is that I don't wash dishes at home so why would I want to wash dishes when I am on holidays. Family of 4, tiny sink, lots of meals - I worked out that we were burning up to an hour a day fiddling around with dirty dishes and pots. Now it all gets shoved into the dishwasher and I never have to wash up again !

P1010245 (800x600).jpg

P1010246 (800x600).jpg

P1010247 (800x600).jpg

Reactions: marty18576

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Best thing we did was buy a plastic stacker thingy to stand the plates up after washing....saves space and they dry themselves!

Macropod

Sep 5, 2013
Cordeaux Heights, NSW
I guess it does sound a bit extravagant, and I suppose disposable plates, and using the two legged dishwashers is an option, but you see a fair amount of effort go into getting a washing machine into a van - but really, you only need to use a washing machine every few days - never - if you only get away for long weekends and the odd week. You wash up 3 times or more a day - and yet, this is not an option available from Jayco. Might sound like a step too far - but whatever gives me more time with the kids (away from the sink) - is a good option in my book. The benchtop unit from Omega was only around $300. Had to remove the centre door brace to get it in - but not too hard a task.