Dinette seats sliding out.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
seatvelcro1.jpg
seatvelcro2.jpg

Just thought I would post this mod. The seat base on our 17ft van nearest the sink was always sliding out due to the little velcro spots not being strong enough and the backrest would drop down behind it so I glued down a large strip of velcro and it seems much stronger now.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Ours does exactly the same thing. Thanks for the tip, will definitely look at doing the same thing @17triton. It's been one of those things that bugs me when we're using the van and then we get home and forget about it till next time when its annoying again o_O.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Ours does exactly the same thing. Thanks for the tip, will definitely look at doing the same thing @17triton. It's been one of those things that bugs me when we're using the van and then we get home and forget about it till next time when its annoying again o_O.
I`m hearing ya!

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
View attachment 18655 View attachment 18656
Just thought I would post this mod. The seat base on our 17ft van nearest the sink was always sliding out due to the little velcro spots not being strong enough and the backrest would drop down behind it so I glued down a large strip of velcro and it seems much stronger now.
thats been on my list of things to fix for a while now,will definately give that a go.

jed

May 16, 2013

Hi 17triton thanks for the tip we have a new van and been away in it twice and both times this problem was driving me nuts so I went out yesterday to Spotlight and bought a 2 meter strip of the hard side of Velcro and plan to fix it today ,Jayco used two little dots and they couldn't even line them up with the strip that's sewed to the seat ,thanks again
Cheers

Last edited:

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hey pace,

If Burnsy's van was a Friday arvo job I wonder if ours was the same, we never got any dots at all on the seats, I had to buy my own and fit them but it hasn't worked that well so I'm going to give the velcro strip a go now. Got the dots on the backs though.

Dave

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.

Nice one Matt. It's a bug bear of mime too. Will have to copy this - Thanks :)

Reactions: 17triton

jed

May 16, 2013
Hey pace,

If Burnsy's van was a Friday arvo job I wonder if ours was the same, we never got any dots at all on the seats, I had to buy my own and fit them but it hasn't worked that well so I'm going to give the velcro strip a go now. Got the dots on the backs though.

Dave

Hi gwadir by any chance did they sew a long strip of the fuzzy side of the Velcro to the bottom of the seat cushion ?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Mate, @Burnsy van is a Friday arvo one on a whole different level. Unfortunately they had major shower wall damage from a stray hot water connection if my memory serves me correct. Pace.
Cracked shower floor and a cut water pipe line in the wall actually :)....but wait, 12 months on and i have a leak that's caused water damage to ceiling :mad:.....more on that later!

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Cracked shower floor and a cut water pipe line in the wall actually :)....but wait, 12 months on and i have a leak that's caused water damage to ceiling :mad:.....more on that later!
No Not another prob Burnsy, you really deserve better after all you went through

Dave