17' Series Diesel heaters

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
Good evening all hope you had a good long weekend for those of you who had a PH.

Sorry for all the questions

I am looking at Diesel heaters and want to know what you have and where you have fitted them in the 17.56-2
and how much to spend?

Cheers

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I've just finished installing an Eberspatcher Airtronic D2 diesel heater to my 21.64-1 this weekend.

Fantastic unit.

I did a fair bit of shopping around and found heatso.com had very competitive pricing.

I had to ask them a few questions (they are in the UK) and they responded very quickly and answered my questions.

Be aware when ordering that if you go over $1000 AU you'll get hit for GST, but even including that, I got the full kit with an extra outlet and the Easystart Select control unit for just over $1200. I went back and ordered the easystart remote+ controller as well.

All arrived in under 1 week.

Installation was a bit fiddly, and the instructions are a little hard to follow but if you can read a circuit diagram you should ok.

I cant comment on the Planar or Webasto units, but I think the Eberspatcher is the top of the tree.

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
I've just finished installing an Eberspatcher Airtronic D2 diesel heater to my 21.64-1 this weekend.

Fantastic unit.

I did a fair bit of shopping around and found heatso.com had very competitive pricing.

I had to ask them a few questions (they are in the UK) and they responded very quickly and answered my questions.

Be aware when ordering that if you go over $1000 AU you'll get hit for GST, but even including that, I got the full kit with an extra outlet and the Easystart Select control unit for just over $1200. I went back and ordered the easystart remote+ controller as well.

All arrived in under 1 week.

Installation was a bit fiddly, and the instructions are a little hard to follow but if you can read a circuit diagram you should ok.

I cant comment on the Planar or Webasto units, but I think the Eberspatcher is the top of the tree.

Thanks for the info will look them up.

can I ask where you fitted the fuel tank?
Also where do u go back for warranty and spares?

thanks

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Thanks for the info will look them up.

can I ask where you fitted the fuel tank?
Also where do u go back for warranty and spares?

thanks

I ended up getting a boat fuel tank which I'll just sit on the ground when I'm using the heater.

I tossed up about a permanent tank, but couldn't find a place I liked to fit it, and I also thought about filling it whist you're set up. Can just put it in the car and go and fill it up.

They will be good with warranty if my dealings with them are any indication.

Because Eberspatcher is Dometic, parts are available here as well.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Is there any one with a 17.56-2 with a heater installed?
We have a 17.56-2 with a Plannar 2kw and works great. It's on now been using it every night for the last 2 weeks, it's 2deg outside and very toasty inside. All up I think it cost $900ish. It's fitted under one of the seats with two outlets pointing to each end. 2015 model

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
We have a 17.56-2 with a Plannar 2kw and works great. It's on now been using it every night for the last 2 weeks, it's 2deg outside and very toasty inside. All up I think it cost $900ish. It's fitted under one of the seats with two outlets pointing to each end. 2015 model

That's great to here where are you at if you don't mind me asking?

would you have any pictures?