Deposit for new van

Moira

Jan 27, 2014
Hello,

Just wondering how much Jayco asked you to put down as a deposit to order your new van?

Hoping to order a new van soon and would like to know what to expect.

Thank you in advance!

Gibbo

Mar 17, 2013
Bayside
I got my 2013 17-56-1 from Page Bros in Seaford. They asked for a 10% deposit which in my case was $4000. They where very helpful and easy to deal with and I got a fantastic price on my van.But it is a bit of a long drive for you.

Moira

Jan 27, 2014
Thanks Macca, we might go through Ballarat I think as we are in Bacchus Marsh. Was prepared to drive anywhere in Vic though for best price.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Ordered ours over the phone from Gippsland jayco hows that for service Paul and the team are the best that we have brought 2x vans though but brought 2 x vans as well from Melbourne never again

Reactions: blacky

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Ryans Caravans Dubbo - $500

Our van was a display at Dubbo camping n 4x4 show and was on 'show special' for $47,990.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Office girl at Caravanland in Perth told us 10% for ours which was originally ordered as a stock/display van.
Put $1K on the credit card to hold it and returned with a bank cheque for the remaining deposit the following day.

When we returned the salesman asked why we were back?????? He said the $1K would have sufficed as it was already there and no need to place an order with Jayco :noidea:

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks Macca, we might go through Ballarat I think as we are in Bacchus Marsh. Was prepared to drive anywhere in Vic though for best price.

Hi @Moira , we're in the Marsh as well. We've done the trip to both Seaford and Ballarat and the 'rat is by far much easier to get to. A tick over 30min and you're there. Having said that, Page Bros have an amazing array of vans on display that gives you a chance to really see what you might want.

Both we had very helpful and courteous sales staff to help us out. We're taking the van we bought to Ballarat next week for it's service before we start really getting into our camping lifestyle.