Old & Moved D2/D4 Diesel heater external temp probe..

Stevie No Issues

May 29, 2014
Geelong
As the diesel heaters are flavour of the month at the moment I thought a few might like an external temp probe for the eberspacher unit. Took me a bit of digging to find the correct part and I had to buy a min of 5 probes so now have 3 left over.. Will cost you $5 each including post to your location. Probe connects to the spare wires at the controller and can be run to anywhere on very light twin cable. When the unit is powered up it will then default to the external temp probe rather than the internal. Great if you want accurate temp setting.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
these heaters may be parked up for a while now may be a home for spiders ??????? :spider: that's ok I will piff a brick at myself
:brick:sorry @Crusty181
@Bluey, its just one of the important (actually, incredibly vital) pieces of the total climate control matrix. Mt Buller uses snow making machines to set an artificial winter environment ..... I use the aircon, and leave the fridge door open, either way its an all year round appliance. :bounce:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey I don't know about you guys but I often find myself banished to the van at night and in the absence of something warm to snuggle up to the heater makes a terrific substitute...
Ive never been banished to the van, although between you and I its about a good a man cave as it gets. Foxtel, Weber, Engel .... Id be happy living in it. I might have to start causing a ruckus in the house. Mine will be a good result to, because the vans at the factory about 10 km's away, so they can't wander out into the yard and bother me or check if Im ready to apologise. Ha. Not, likely

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ive never been banished to the van, although between you and I its about a good a man cave as it gets. Foxtel, Weber, Engel .... Id be happy living in it. I might have to start causing a ruckus in the house. Mine will be a good result to, because the vans at the factory about 10 km's away, so they can't wander out into the yard and bother me or check if Im ready to apologise. Ha. Not, likely
your good bloke you should be on tv comedy late night with crusty

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
As the diesel heaters are flavour of the month at the moment I thought a few might like an external temp probe for the eberspacher unit. Took me a bit of digging to find the correct part and I had to buy a min of 5 probes so now have 3 left over.. Will cost you $5 each including post to your location. Probe connects to the spare wires at the controller and can be run to anywhere on very light twin cable. When the unit is powered up it will then default to the external temp probe rather than the internal. Great if you want accurate temp setting.

Hi there @Stevie No Issues, I realise this post goes back a while, but do you have any of these probes left over ?