17' Series Creating Memories

Creating Memories

Oct 25, 2012
Nth Qld
Thrilled to get the welcome comments. Feels like i am on holidays already where everyone is helpful and friendly.
I have had family members constantly update camp trailer to wind up van to a full size van. We decided to do the job that will last my young family for 10 yrs.
Will tow with 03 Dsl Prado auto. Do you guys use weight distribution bars? At this point i feel that this seems the way to go for stress free towing. What are your thouhts??
Cheers Steve.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome aboard Creating Memories.
A reasonably newbie here also (with posts anyway) but have read and learnt a lot from reading others advise.
As for weight distribution bars I definitely recommend them. When we first picked up our 2007 16.49-3 we had a 100 series landcruiser and when asked the question of the salesman he said "Nahh... Not necessary behind the cruiser".
Well I borrowed a set and tried it. The difference was so noticeable that I went out and bought a set that afternoon. Improved the braking, handling and feeling of sway with side winds (Heavy vehicles traveling the other way).
Also looking forward to pics of your van as we are thinking of maybe upsizing one day.
Cheers,
David

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Welcome CM, good luck with the pick up! I'm a user of WDH and can highly recommend.

Cheers.