Cover for switches

leecewah

Nov 28, 2013
G'day, has anyone fitted or have any good ideas on what/how to fit some sort of hinged or sliding cover for the battery and hot water switches at the end of the double seat? Little feet and fingers tend to flick them on and off at in opportune times! Any tips appreciated.
Cheers,
Chris

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
Just bought a boxed highlighter thing from the cheapy shop for $2. Cut a hole in the back and screwed it on in front. After our little fire episode last year after the kids had knocked on the gas hot water with there feet I HAD to do something. Quick, cheap and easy to fit. IMG_0825.jpg

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I drilled a very small 2mm hole through the white rocker switch for the hot water system (in the off position) when I owned my Expanda and put a small split pin in it.
Worked a treat following many accidental switchings and took 3 minutes to do.
Cheers
Andrew

Reactions: ROnEM

leecewah

Nov 28, 2013
Just bought a boxed highlighter thing from the cheapy shop for $2. Cut a hole in the back and screwed it on in front. After our little fire episode last year after the kids had knocked on the gas hot water with there feet I HAD to do something. Quick, cheap and easy to fit. IMG_0825.jpg
Thanks for the ideas gents, will be getting it done this weekend so no more mishaps! Thanks for the photo.
Cheers, Chris

The Wadamses

Jan 13, 2014
Tassie (near Launceston)
G'day, has anyone fitted or have any good ideas on what/how to fit some sort of hinged or sliding cover for the battery and hot water switches at the end of the double seat? Little feet and fingers tend to flick them on and off at in opportune times! Any tips appreciated.
Cheers,
Chris
We had ours relocated to back kitchen wall under the microwave at install time as a factory mod after learning the hard way in our old Swan.
Retro-fitting these is obvioisly a much bigger & longer job than gpsy4u's brilliant highlighter pen cover & twscoot's ingenious split-pin, but handy electrical types may find this easily do-able, & it's very handy to have easy access to those buttons from the kitchen too.