17' Series Cost of upgrading a fridge from 94 to 150 lt in a 17.56-2???

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi hills, if you haven't purchased yet then my advise....keep looking. It's a fairly big job if it wasn't done from factory and I recon Jayco would put in too hard basket, or you could buy a waeco or engel for some extra refrigeration!

Cheers.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
But if you are purchasing new its about $800 :)

And I echo Burnsy's comments if it is already got the small one in there then the bend end canvas needs to be removed and the fridge slotted in.

Also if its got the air con above the fridge then it will be even worse!

Are you ordering or looking for second hand??

Hills

Feb 17, 2013
Thanks all.... we haven't bought yet... the one we are looking at only has a small fridge (the only thing we dislike about it) pickings are few and far between in WA!!! Only other option is to buy from over east and get it shipped!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks all.... we haven't bought yet... the one we are looking at only has a small fridge (the only thing we dislike about it) pickings are few and far between in WA!!! Only other option is to buy from over east and get it shipped!

No problem hills, what about a road trip? :wink:

I know its a long way across but might be a fun trip to get the van?

Maybe another option is if you find one over in the eastern states fly over pick it up and hire a 4WD with a tow bar to get it back.

I think it would be about 1k - 1500 to get across though and from what i have read the ones that come from melbourbe > wa go on a boat.

My only concern with shipping with some one who you don't know would be condition.

Maybe give a call to a few dealers and see if they can recommend a shipping company?

Let us know how you get along and good luck with the hunt :)!

Hills

Feb 17, 2013
Thanks expanda... we are looking at all options at the moment- WA would be great, SA is okay too (we live far south-east- 750km from Perth- so getting one from anywhere will be a bit of a trek!) But with four young kids a trip to VIC, NSW or QLD is just out of the question (for my sanity anyway!!) :baby:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
might be cheaper to buy a large engel if its going to be ridiculously expensive , we have a 150lt in the 16.49-01 and would never go back any smaller

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
At build time, the cost for us was $894.

We haven't regretted it at all.

IMHO, a van the size of a 17.56-2 should have a 150 later fridge as standard.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
150 lt is definitely the way to go if u can but our last 2 vans had the 90lt we managed with an engle for back up if u can manage with a fridge in the tug it's a option especially if u get a good deal on the van.