Confirmation

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
Hi all,
At last we got our confirmation!!! Delivery around the 14th of November!!! We very excited, can't wait!! Hope all goes according to plan and everything works the way it should!!!:wacko: I have been telling my dealer about this website!!!:laugh: So they know where all my complaints will go!!!!:rofl:[SUB][/SUB]
Trust all will go well, service so far has been great!!!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Oh how I wish I was there at that point, but alas, I need to wait until I've sold the Eagle. :ballchain:

I am so looking forward to the upgrade though.

Mick

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
3rd of November for us (they rang today)

Mick....have you asked about trading it in? We had it advertised, with the usual callers not turning up, after having set it all up. After we decided exactly what expanda we wanted, I rang the dealer and got a price (better than the one offered after sitting down with my 'mate' at his showroom) I asked about a trade in, and after emailing photos, they cam back with an offer. We discussed it and I said I had been hoping for more selling privately. He said if I was serious, he could probably do better. I replied that if he got it up another 30% I'd come down the next day and sign. (this was all over the phone and email, even before I had stepped in their yard) Ended up about $1000 less than what I wanted as a private sale, and still a good price on the new van.

Andrew

Reactions: MolongMick

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Mick....have you asked about trading it in?

Hi Andrew, I have thought about the trade in option, will need to investigate a bit more. Our local dealer said he would accept a trade, but then could not give me a discount on the new van. Not sure what to believe.
I will try another dealer and see what they have to offer and if they will trade aswell. I am lucky that I and about halfway between two dealers, probably too far to got to Sydney or Wollongong, but would travel that far if the deal was good enough.

CHeers Mick.

kegs

Sep 23, 2011
hunter valley
yeah Mick,
I found the same thing and I went to a couple of dealers, the first thing they all said, was " Do you have a trade in for me to worry about" when I said no, they all basically said that they will negotiate about the price. Go figure ????
Regards Pete

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Same thing happend to us, We had a cash price & a trade in price. Don't have to be a maths brainiac to work out the better deal. I was given the impression they didn't want my van. He already had a few in the yard to move & they are in the buisness of selling new vans.

In the end selling our eagle privately saved us a lot of cash (compared to the trade in price) & the bloke who bought it still got a bargain compared to what a lot of second hand vans are asking. So selling privately would be the best option in my book.

Paul

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Fair enough. Maybe I just lucky.
Certainly at my mates yard they said the same thing - good trade in or good new price (but got neither)
Bayswater didn't seem to care.....

It is common to give a better price on one or the other - car yards do it also.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
We received news that ours comes out of the factory 1 Nov 11 (which means 2 Nov 11 - Melb Cup).

Organised dealer delivery 5 Dec 11 - Could have gone earlier but for work!

Not long now. :dance: