17' Series Coast to Coast Picnic Table

Hodgey

Jun 15, 2014
Geraldton WA
B18C7E13-99F7-4A01-989C-B53FED6FD8CA.jpeg
Hi all, I have recently purchased a Coast to Coast picnic table which included the backing plate. My question is, do you need to install with the backing plate? I’ve seen in other posts on this site that they can be installed with only the hinge plate (As per photo circled in yellow). Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marv_mart

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mine is mounted above the black Chequer plate on my 14.44-5 Panda, it is at an ideal height to put my portable induction hot plate and other cooking stuff and stand while preparing food with out breaking my back. One of the better mods I added to the Sea Dragon. Too shallow for the BabyQ, wouldn’t put it so close to the van anyway, I use a small collapsible table for that.
5C59769A-E01D-4038-9BDA-1BBDCB147B95.jpeg

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Mine is mounted above the black Chequer plate on my 14.44-5 Panda, it is at an ideal height to put my portable induction hot plate and other cooking stuff and stand while preparing food with out breaking my back. One of the better mods I added to the Sea Dragon. Too shallow for the BabyQ, wouldn’t put it so close to the van anyway, I use a small collapsible table for that.
View attachment 58279
I often use my Baby Q on the drop down table if its not a multi day camp. It has its own tableI much like your setup for longer stays. I have a rubber dust mat for my generator that I slip down the wall behind the BBQ for the heat. As you mention, its pretty snug but so far its been strong enough to hold the BBQ.