Clearance lights

garfield28

Jun 28, 2021
NSW
G'day all,

Anyone know if and where these clearance lights can be purchased please. They have broke the clips as I was trying to take them off.
Thanks
IMG20221210145305.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Caravans Plus once had them along with most RV shops but once you see the price you will do what most of us have done and stuck it in with roof and gutter sealant.................... be very,very careful if you try to pull a bit of cable out with any of these side lights, you do not have much to play with, too big a pull and it will disconnect with the other end inside the wall somewhere......... very frustrating indeed.

I think when I broke one I did the Ebay thing, it was a close match and certainly way cheaper than shops wanted.
You will find the others will break as well if you try to unclip them ...........

Reactions: garfield28 and BJM

garfield28

Jun 28, 2021
NSW
Caravans Plus once had them along with most RV shops but once you see the price you will do what most of us have done and stuck it in with roof and gutter sealant.................... be very,very careful if you try to pull a bit of cable out with any of these side lights, you do not have much to play with, too big a pull and it will disconnect with the other end inside the wall somewhere......... very frustrating indeed.

I think when I broke one I did the Ebay thing, it was a close match and certainly way cheaper than shops wanted.
You will find the others will break as well if you try to unclip them ...........

I just found them, oh my god the price!! Is there a cheaper suitable replacement Drover?
Thay

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Best to Google them as there are cheaper around but finding a match may be difficult, they are just clearance lights so not just for caravans.....

Reactions: garfield28

garfield28

Jun 28, 2021
NSW
It would be good if I could get a generic brand type to sit in the same spot. The cheapest of the Jayco ones I can find this far is $35 a pop, I didn't think they'd be anywhere near that price

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Had a dig around and this is the mob I used on ebay for some ...

Reactions: garfield28

garfield28

Jun 28, 2021
NSW
These look pretty close to the real thing.

Had a dig around and this is the mob I used on ebay for some ...

Thanks for that.

I notice the ones on there now are 76mm long and these ones are 53mm should be ok though to use them

garfield28

Jun 28, 2021
NSW
Thanks for the replies.

I ended up buying them from Jayco at Heatherbrae they didn't cost me as much there as I thought they would.

Thanks again

Reactions: Drover