16' Series Clear covers on bed ends

Judy Baker

Aug 27, 2016
Woonona
Hi, anyone fitted a clear cover to their bed ends to avoid having to zip up the canvas during rain or when using the aircon ? It annoys me having to darken the interior .

Mitchbat

May 27, 2016
Perth
Hi, anyone fitted a clear cover to their bed ends to avoid having to zip up the canvas during rain or when using the aircon ? It annoys me having to darken the interior .
Hi Judy,

I had some vinyl storm covers made up by Wilfords which have clear PVC windows around all sides. These work really well to keep the bed ends dry and also a little bit warmer. They are similar to the ones listed here http://www.wilfords.com.au/services except with clear windows.
I also have some clear PVC inserts in 2 of the poptop skirt windows to let even more light in

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
The standard storm covers have clear inserts so I think that'd work but they're expensive.

They do, however, waterproof the bed ends quite well.

Feb 21, 2014
Wimmera in Victoria
Hi Judy we did a cheap mod on our bed ends, added sail trak to our black privacy screens, that was screwed to the lid. Then sewed black Velcro to the privacy screen and bought clear plastic from spotlight or the green shed and measured up how much was needed and sewed the other bit of Velcro to it. A cheap way of keeping the rain off bedding and also giving us plenty of light and warmth, at the same time. Others on the forum have done this too. Works for us. Good luck with what you come up with.

Judy Baker

Aug 27, 2016
Woonona
Hi Judy we did a cheap mod on our bed ends, added sail trak to our black privacy screens, that was screwed to the lid. Then sewed black Velcro to the privacy screen and bought clear plastic from spotlight or the green shed and measured up how much was needed and sewed the other bit of Velcro to it. A cheap way of keeping the rain off bedding and also giving us plenty of light and warmth, at the same time. Others on the forum have done this too. Works for us. Good luck with what you come up with.
Sounds a bit complicated for me but thanks for the feedback. Cheers

Mitchbat

May 27, 2016
Perth
Hi Mitchbat,

Thanks for the reply. How are they attached to the lid ? Got a ballpark cost for them ?

Thanks , Judy
Hi Judy, apologies for the late reply. Mine are attached to the lid with sail tracking around 3 sides (also fitted by wilfords) and then just uses the same press studs as the privacy screens on the body of the van. The privacy screens can stay on in their usual spot when using the storm covers. They weren't cheap at $880 for the pair but you get what you pay for. The quality is much better than the Jayco ones
Mitch