17' Series Cleaning leaf stains off lids.

Geoff

Mar 29, 2012
Ipswich, QLD
Washed down the panda after trip away and found the lids very badly stained from leaves. Tried all of the usual remedies but not wanting to damage the gelcoat. Lemon, creme cleanser, epsom salts etc. Nothing seemed to work. Went to marine store to buy boat cleaner but was talked out of it by the salesman.
Tried a liberal spray of el cheapo tar and bug remover. What a great result. Washed it immediately, no harm but sparkling lids. Will polish tomorrow with fibreglasss polish.
Geoff

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great result Geoff thanks for the tip

Once the polish is on there this will help to clean it next time I've polished our Expanda about 5 or 6 times now and it makes washing it easier too

Alan

Feb 3, 2012
Altona Vic
I polished my van the day after I bought it, which as was said, is a big help when cleaning. I notice it is getting harder to clean so time to re polish. I use the polish I received with the van, Scotchguard Marine Liquid Wax. Thanks for the tip to clean the stains, the wattle bob stains are a killer to get off.

Reactions: denise

Geoff

Mar 29, 2012
Ipswich, QLD
Great result Geoff thanks for the tip

Once the polish is on there this will help to clean it next time I've polished our Expanda about 5 or 6 times now and it makes washing it easier too

I have been a bit lazy and usually use the wash n wax products. Applied septone fibreglass restorer and wax. Came up a bit blotchy on side walls but feels very smooth. Probably my technique. Solution would be to get swmbo to show me lol.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I use it like any usual car polish, apply it with a soft cloth and remove with another clean soft cloth once dry.

I dont leave it on to long though. I also only do a small area at a time.

:tea:

Reactions: BigSkiddy