Check In Check Out Times

jed

May 16, 2013
Hi all
This may seem like a strange question but being new to camping my wife and I were wondering is there such a thing as check in and check out times at caravan parks?

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Hi all
This may seem like a strange question but being new to camping my wife and I were wondering is there such a thing as check in and check out times at caravan parks?
No strange questions here, Jed. Yep. CP's are like motels now. Usually it's in after 2pm and out by 10am. You can sometimes negotiate early arrival/late checkout especially in off season.
Going across to Tassie overnight on the ferry I got into a park at Ulverston at 8.00am with prior arrangement.

jed

May 16, 2013
No strange questions here, Jed. Yep. CP's are like motels now. Usually it's in after 2pm and out by 10am. You can sometimes negotiate early arrival/late checkout especially in off season.
Going across to Tassie overnight on the ferry I got into a park at Ulverston at 8.00am with prior arrangement.

Thanks Xpandafan much appreciated ,fair enough when they are busy they do need to be organized to be fair to others ,and nice to know I don't need to set the alarm for 5am :)
Cheers Jed

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Thanks Xpandafan much appreciated ,fair enough when they are busy they do need to be organized to be fair to others ,and nice to know I don't need to set the alarm for 5am :)
Cheers Jed
That's the beauty of a caravan over my old soft floor camper. We had to set the alarm to get the damn thing packed up up before check out time. 9 out of 10 times it would be raining too.>:(

Reactions: jed

jed

May 16, 2013
That's the beauty of a caravan over my old soft floor camper. We had to set the alarm to get the damn thing packed up up before check out time. 9 out of 10 times it would be raining too.>:(
Hi Soaring , we are new to camping and just retired, when we went to a Jayco dealer we were looking at the Flamingo but they did suggested a pop up instead and now we are glad they did :) can't wait to get away ,we pick our new 14.44.5 up in August :)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Most parks are pretty flexible, especially outside peak times, if it's an ensuite site they need to clean it before the next one arrives so they like you gone, we have checked in early before also but not before 9, some parks will also allow late check out up to 4 pm in some cases, but you pay a little extra around $10 to $15 more. but they generally dont advertise the fact, so ask on check in.
One park we go to sometimes dose a weekend package that includes the late check out upto 4pm

Park we stayed at over Easter, we asked if 12pm check out would be OK (offered to pay the extra) prompty told "No way mate, cleaner only here a few hours and I'm not paying them more than needed it's a public holiday you know" :rolleyes-88:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Most parks are pretty flexible, especially outside peak times, if it's an ensuite site they need to clean it before the next one arrives so they like you gone, we have checked in early before also but not before 9, some parks will also allow late check out up to 4 pm in some cases, but you pay a little extra around $10 to $15 more. but they generally dont advertise the fact, so ask on check in.
One park we go to sometimes dose a weekend package that includes the late check out upto 4pm

Park we stayed at over Easter, we asked if 12pm check out would be OK (offered to pay the extra) prompty told "No way mate, cleaner only here a few hours and I'm not paying them more than needed it's a public holiday you know" :rolleyes-88:
Thats the same for some parks that allow pets outside of peak times. Sometimes it is worth asking.

jed

May 16, 2013

Fair enough :) wouldn't want the prices going up to cover extra cost

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Hi Soaring , we are new to camping and just retired, when we went to a Jayco dealer we were looking at the Flamingo but they did suggested a pop up instead and now we are glad they did :) can't wait to get away ,we pick our new 14.44.5 up in August :)
Yep good call. The Jayco campers are compact, easy to tow and easy on the hip pocket, but it comes at cost. That cost is is set up times.

jed

May 16, 2013
A bit off track here but on the PET thing what happens if you have your dog with you and you want to say go out for dinner ? do some have areas that you can put them so they are looked after or ?????

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
A bit off track here but on the PET thing what happens if you have your dog with you and you want to say go out for dinner ? do some have areas that you can put them so they are looked after or ?????
Parks expect you to take them with you at all times.
If we go out then the dogs come also. They usually sit in the back of the car if we go out for a meal for a couple of hours.

Reactions: jed

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW

I've only come across one park that did offer that in Armidale, but could only take one at a time, it was a single pen/cage/ dog run like they have in boarding kennels. very open in the middle of the park in sight of the office, and every one in the park rather than being say behind the office away from general public