Carefree awning leak

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
I have a few annoying leaks coming from the sail track where the awning attaches to the van I have sealed the sail track on top and seam sealed the stitching inside and out but it looks as though it comes along the c section of the track has anyone had the same problem?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
mine get drips from along the stitching near the sail track, never bothered to do anything about it always meant to but as we dont use an annex isn't really a problem

As I've said in other postings about awnings, the quality of Carefree is absolute crap.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We had leak above the drop down table but got it fixed under warranty last week .We got a bit of rain on the weekend and no leaks.

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
Angus i have the same problem but when i get home the van goes away and i forget about it. Sounds like silicon and beeswax are the go!

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
yes well i agree just came back from 10 days away it poured down everyone on the other side of us got flooded i was fine except for the same leak front side to side stuff in the annex got wet so got some use full hints on here

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
yes well i agree just came back from 10 days away it poured down everyone on the other side of us got flooded i was fine except for the same leak front side to side stuff in the annex got wet so got some use full hints on here

We had a shocking leak along the awning sail track and awning seam. Leak was pretty much the full length of awning. As others have already said, wax along the seam and sikaflex along the sail track.