Caravan two timing - sleeping with a Bailey

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Wifey and I are visiting family in NZ for Christmas and one stop involves sleeping in this Bailey
IMG_20221210_170942.jpg
It has some nice features but I still think Jayco are the masters of internal function/layout. The double bed is east-west so getting past at night is a real pain, and the ensuite is so small the dunny seat has to be angled which makes sitting awkward. Tiny dometic 3 way fridge too. Only weighs 1300kg though and has the popular uk accessory of wheel movers. It came from the uk in a container.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I looked at some at a show, I wondered if they ever got hung up going into a garage for fuel.................... they have some marvelous old aircraft in NZ as well as some great train journeys......

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Hoping to catch the train from Christchurch to the west coast in a couple of weeks. Last trip we trained from Picton to Christchurch in a heatwave (30 degrees...) and the train was speed limited to between 30 and 50kmh! Great trip but took forever :oops:

Reactions: Drover

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Off to NZ today for three months.,if Jetstar can start their engines! Fire up the 2012 JGC Diesel Overland in Christchurch tomorrow .Drive up to the Nth Island to see bosses family in Auckland then to Tauranga to see my brother.Then back down to the Sth Island for two months to do a few off road trails etc.Even after owing Jeeps for thirty years this WK2 has me on tenderhooks re what can fail! Eg alternator ,any part in the airbag system ! at least it doesnt have the dreaded turbo hose .
And yes Drover getting under vehicles at our age is a pain in the a…s .However at least I know the work is being done properly!
Plenty of great warbird museums,restorers etc in NZ .RNZAF museum in Christchurch .,Omaka in Blenhiem.
Avspecs at Ardmore are world renowned for restos,including in the last ten years building from scratch three flying Mosquito,s !When in the NZ Air Training Corp I did airframe resto work on a Mustang P51 which is still flying in the US.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Plenty of great warbird museums,restorers etc in NZ .RNZAF museum in Christchurch .,Omaka in Blenhiem.
Avspecs at Ardmore are world renowned for restos,including in the last ten years building from scratch three flying Mosquito,s !When in the NZ Air Training Corp I did airframe resto work on a Mustang P51 which is still flying in the US.

Some really great work gets done over there, I have quite a few Warbirds in Wanaka DVDs and followed the first Mossie build closely...... Have a great time over there you blokes...........

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Drover ,if you have time ,Google warbirds found in shed at Mapua in NZ .how a few years ago a large shed full of warbirds and huge amount of parts were found at Mapua in north of the South Island!including Kittyhawk,Mustangs ,Mosquito etc.Old mate saved them from scrap around 60 years ago ,nobody new about them other than the oldboy ,his brother and young fella sworn to secrecy..!Mosquito now restored to taxing ,rest have been restored and now flying again!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Drover ,if you have time ,Google warbirds found in shed at Mapua in NZ .how a few years ago a large shed full of warbirds and huge amount of parts were found at Mapua in north of the South Island!including Kittyhawk,Mustangs ,Mosquito etc.Old mate saved them from scrap around 60 years ago ,nobody new about them other than the oldboy ,his brother and young fella sworn to secrecy..!Mosquito now restored to taxing ,rest have been restored and now flying again!

I read about the discovery and drooled over the finds, actually wasn't really hidden as a search of aircraft register showed he had bought these aircraft and the Mossie like the Hudson are not common, its lucky the Mossie hadn't rotted away or eaten by termites........... I do need a Lotto win....