Caravan parks for kids

expandescape

Apr 7, 2014
South East Melbourne
:fish2:Hi all, we have had a few caravans but are waiting on delivery of our new 21-64.1 OB due on the 24th. We ave a 6 year old and an 18 month old. Can anyone suggest any nice caravan parks with big powered sites, things for kids and we like fishing also so would love sites on a lake???

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Hi Rhonda, we go to Nagambie Lakes quite a bit, but haven't been for a while. Sounds like the new park manager there is a bit of a handful, but the sites are good and you have the lake / river for fishing.

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Hi Expandescape, couple of suggestions for down my way. Anglesea Big 4 caravan park has indoor heated pool, can fish in the river at Anglesea. Very Expensive but - Bellarine Big 4 (heated indoor pool) is fantastic for kids, have to travel about 10 minutes to any water for fishing though, but can go to Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove (fish in the river) or Queenscliff. Also Big 4 Beacon Resort - again heated indoor pool and not quite as expensive as Bellarine but still up there.:D

expandescape

Apr 7, 2014
South East Melbourne
Thanks Dede. I will check them all out. I am a big 4 Member so the discount will help a bit. Also I have been to Bellarine and think its a really nice place. Been there a couple of times and love the big sites went there last year with our 2008 jayco discovery but a bit hard with a 6 year o;d and a 1 year old. going to be a lot easier with bunks :dance:

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
SeaSpray they got a new park only opened last November on the beach , wiyh a river for swimming ,fishing , and large grass sites

Reactions: expandescape

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Having stayed at Anglesea Big 4, Bellarine Big 4, Queenscliff & Beacon Resort, we would recommend only the Bellarine Big 4 as it is the only place the kids (10 & 12) want to go, and the sites are large enough for bigger vans and there is still plenty of space for awning/annexe and car.

Anglesea was a struggle to get the van in, @ Queenscliff & Beacon Resort you are on top of everyone next to you.

The site space and the park facilities like the indoor pool and water fountain play area for toddlers and "big" kids is great. That's why we don't mind paying a bit more.

Rohan

Reactions: davemc and 17triton

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We going on our maiden run down to Bellarine Queens Birthday weekend the big sites will help take away some of the giggle factor while we try to reverse :) I also like the fact of individual bathrooms, we can get 4 kids through the shower and dry without worrying about the twins escaping. Although we where there off peak I wonder how they go in peak weekend.

Reactions: expandescape

marty18576

Jan 24, 2014
Briagolong
We are @ eastern beach caravan park Lakes Entrance. Its real kid friendly and you get to choose your own site ( online booking ).

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Bellarine Big4 is awesome as stated above, also Yarraby Holiday Park in Echuca is another great place with indoor and outdoor pools. We went here for our first trip in the van and if you ring to book, let them know the van size and the kids ages. They are really good at placing you where kids the same age will be, we hardly saw our 5 year old for the 3 days.

Az