17' Series Caravan covers

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
It seems from previous replies that Aldi ones are Good / Cheap
I suppose it comes down to "do you want to replace it every couple of years.
I have a ADCO one that I got thrown in with the deal and it seems to be very good quality
but it is only 6 mnths old so i'm not sure what it will be like in a years time.

Jamcor

Feb 29, 2016
Qld
Am looking at the adco one now looks good can u open your door and lift roof with yours on

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
Got an Aldi one last year. Still going ok. I put ours on with the top down and then raise the top. No problems doing it and one of the Zips is right at the door. Sometimes you see them at half price about a month after they are advertised and that's when we go ours.

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
We got ours from Aldi and seems to be ok. The only issue we have is the van is in the open and with the Point Cook wind it causes the thing to blow around a bit. This has caused the corners to wear through. On inspection of the aluminium on the corners of the van at the bottom they are pretty sharp and that caused the damage. I have filed them back but am still looking at a way to remove the angle of the edge to stop it rubbing.

They were on sale again a few weeks back so some stores may still have stock out the back.

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
I bought an Aldi one for $99 a few weeks back. Am yet to use it as we are still waiting on our van but I figure it will give me an idea of what works and what doesn't. Not sure I would want to spend big bucks on a cover and find out they only last as long as the cheapies. I think BCF sell them fairly cheap too from memory seeing a cover discussion on here a few months back?

Last edited:

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
I've had an Aldi one for nearly 12 months, they are garbage it didn't last a year, small rips and a broken zipper, and the cover is powderery now. Just bought one from rays 36 months warranty, will see how that one goes.
Greg

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I've had an Aldi one for nearly 12 months, they are garbage it didn't last a year, small rips and a broken zipper, and the cover is powderery now. Just bought one from rays 36 months warranty, will see how that one goes.
Greg
What sort of $$ for the Rays one ?

We got one off the net, lasted 3 months before disintegrating, replaced under warranty, 2nd one lasted 6 months, looking for another one now.

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
I paid $185 for the cover, The original cover I had was a prestige it lasted just over 2 years, I live 200m from the ocean I don't think the summer north east winds help,
Greg