QLD Capricorn Palms - BIG 4 - Yeppoon

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
We have just spent a week at this park. Very impressed. The park is actually a little way out of Yeppoon at Mulambin Beach. The park is very tidy with large sites, easily big enough for your expanda and vehicle. Very good, friendly staff, and an ideal park for the kids. Being out of town, it's very quiet. They have just put in a large water slide, they have the usual Big 4 kids stuff as well as an open air cinema. The only let down would be the size of the swimming pool, it is not much bigger than a pool you would have at home, it has been fine while we are here as it is not school holidays, but I could imagine the pool being a bit squeezy with lots of people around. However the beach is only a 5 minute walk and the water there is shallow and great for swimming. You can also drive on the beaches here. There are warnings for stingers but some locals on a sailing tour said stingers are not common here. The park has been quite busy, but because of the large sites and the row of trees in between each site, you don't feel crammed in. If you are heading this way I would recommend this park. If you want a large site ask for the ones in the 50-64 area, they are huge, but don't have slabs

Our site at the park
image.jpg

The new water slide
image.jpg

Camp kitchen and pool area
image.jpg

Kids playground
image.jpg

Slab sites
image.jpg

Large grass sites
image.jpg

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
I Agree, this park is only 40k down the road from me and is my absolute favourite on the Capricorn. We go down about 10 times a year (Easter, Christmas, Big 4 Camp and Care Night, Long Week-ends, School Hoildays or just a short break).

We always request site 18. This is easily large enough for our 18 57 6 and as it is on a corner, it has the benefit of plenty of room for the car witout the feeling of being locked in. This site is in the same block as the showers and a short walk to the slide.

Always friendly and just a great place to stay.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
we stayed here a few years back it was quite good did not have the pool slide though do they still have the dancing emu that walks around and dances with the kids