Canvas Bed Fly's

Watto

Mar 14, 2013
I am very interested in purchasing canvas bed end fly's from Holiday Annexes. Can someone who has them let me know a couple of things.
1. Are they easy to fix on to the lid
2. Do they remain on the lid when you pack up
3. Is there anything negative about them (haven't) heard any as yet.

Great forum for us new to the life of caravanning.

Cheers, Watto

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
I am very interested in purchasing canvas bed end fly's from Holiday Annexes. Can someone who has them let me know a couple of things.
1. Are they easy to fix on to the lid
2. Do they remain on the lid when you pack up
3. Is there anything negative about them (haven't) heard any as yet.

Great forum for us new to the life of caravanning.

Cheers, Watto

Hi Watto,

Welcome to the forum,

Answers to your questions:
1. they attach to the lid on flexible sail track.
2. No but it only takes me a bout 2 minutes to put them on or pack them up.
3. None from me.

Duncan

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hey there Watto,

We have the Holiday Annex bed fly's and wouldn't be without them.
They're really easy to install, full instructions come with them.
You have to take them off to close the hard lids, but is a very quick 5 minute job to take them down.
Zero problems. It's a quality product that Holiday Annexes has put a lot of time into getting right and they look a million bucks too!
Have a look at this thread
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/canvas-bed-flys-by-holiday-annexes.2689/

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
1 . ours attach by velcro under the lid which has been screwed/glued into place
2 .they remain on the lid like normal flys and pack away as normal
3.we are very happy with them we had zippered ends put in so we still have airflow.

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
i used shower curtains when i just went away used double side tape this did not work shower curtain did but canvas stayed dry i did see another expanda and they had one piece of thick rubber of some sort and they velcro to privacy screen worked a treat i cant afford getting some made fo 400 each side of my van

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
I made the other week a set of covers out of marine vinyl that attaches via press studs to the existing black shades. They work a treat and we only attach them for when the weather turns ugly

Rear Photo.JPG

Front photo.JPG

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
It is the top section of my fully padded hail cover by stormcovers. I removed the side walls to work on the van but left the top on.

Vinyl cost $90 and press studs about $10 but it did take some hours to get the pattern right at each end

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
It is the top section of my fully padded hail cover by stormcovers. I removed the side walls to work on the van but left the top on.

Vinyl cost $90 and press studs about $10 but it did take some hours to get the pattern right at each end

Thank mate, those covers do look good, do they breathe at all and does it get hot in van?

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
I have not used them in the hot weather but I expect that they will make the van warmer.

They are so quick and easy to attach, we just take them on and off as required. I actually don't anticipate that we will use them that much as we generally use our van when the weather is good to go away in the ski boat.

For the limited times we use them, I found it hard to justify the expence of the better product.

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
i agree andrew i cant justify $400 each end to get proper made you did a good job,it would keep the van warmer in cold condition i agree you only use when weather goes bad i would probably add a few eyelets on bottom when the wind picks up u can tie to the ground