16' Series Camec WDH - anyone got one

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Hi all, paid a deposit on a 2006 destiny touring full height van today, considering the last two outback pandas were nose up on the Pajero, i figure the touring is going to be excessive so i need a drop shank/adjustable hitch, im looking at the camec 600lb wdh, ive never had a wdh on the last two vans but i figure if i need an adjustable hitch i may as well spend a little more and get a wdh and have the option to use it or not to, i can get the camec one for less than half the price of a hr

http://camec.com/towing-car-accessories/pro-series-wdh-275kg.html

I can get it a biit cheaper than on the camec site which makes it very attractive

Anyone have one, knows someone who has one, only thing that worries me is i think it has less adjustment than a hr and my pajero has a 2" lift

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Well i bought one today for a good price, (less than ive seen 2nd hand hr ones for) , have started fitting it up, the head is huge as it has the provision for the sway control do-dads on either side, but i'm thinking already i'm not going to like it, not because its a camec and not a hr, but because it already seems to be a pain in the rear end and another thing to do, so it better bloody tow well or it might be sold to someone who could make better use of a wdh, from what i can tell looks almost identical to the round bar hr unit. Not having ever used a wdh before i may be pleasantry surprised - one thing though, how do people find clearance under the bars? and do i really have to take them off everytime i go to a servo or something?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
No you don't have to take them off going into to servo's etc., however you should avoid tight turns etc. Jack-knifing while reversing into sites etc.