16' Series Camec door lock

donnybabes

Dec 24, 2012
Bendigo Vic
Hi, I am having problems with the door lock...again.I have had one replaced and the new one is playing up now.I have checked the door is closed and all 3 " clips" are ok,but the lock jams and wont turn to lock.Is there an easier locking system for these doors ? I find the Camec a pathetic excuse for securing my caravan. I have considered fitting a clasp and padlock to the door and throwing the Camec key to the wind.
( 2112 16.49 single axel Expanda )

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
The lock is installed wrong. Theoretically replacing a broken handle is a simple process, but I had to stuff around with mine for about an hour (with breaks in between beers and swear words), to get it to work properly. Cant remember exactly what the issue was, but the solution was youtube and more stuffing around until eventually it worked, and then you think 'how easy was that'...

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
I hate our lock too...been locked out twice. Once when we first got van, then my idiot cousin did it to prove he could open the van with his key, which he did then slammed the door and of course unable to remove key!

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
sorry, cannot help as I've never had a problem with mine

but like @ady17 said, you do need to make sure the key is in the right position for it to work properly