Calling JEEP Gurus!

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
HI All

Just want to find the Jeep gurus. Father in law is looking at switching to a Jeep as his Prado just won't cut it for weight on his new van. He is looking at a 2011 / 2012 Limited but with the Quadra suspension.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of these jeeps please as i have little knowledge of them.

Thanks all
Ants

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I love my Jeep.
Pro's:
The 3.5T towing capacity, 177kw and 550nm torque in the CRD, nicely appointed interior, lots of tech, Quadralift enables easy hook up on uneven sites, some seem to think that having self levelling suspension negates the need for a WDH, and truth be told, I've towed my van both with and without and couldn't really feel any difference, but I'll still use one as recommended by Jeep.

Cons:
Standard 20" wheels (but can be easily swapped for the 18's to open up the AT tyre choice a fair bit)
Not as many dealers around.
Jeep Australia's indifference to its customers (but a good mechanic will be better if it's out of warranty)
Parts pricing (but online from USA is often cheaper, easier and quicker. Service items like filters are cheaper non-OEM too online)

Any other questions just ask, there's a few of us on here with them.

But also start reading here
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/

and here
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284

Indiandme

Sep 21, 2013
Gladstone, CQ
I am wanting to install a 2nd battery in my MY14 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Laredo, where to install battery etc, any advice please??
Indiandme

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
C'mon @bigcol come to the dark side.
You know it makes sense.....
And we have cookies!!

I got the cookies when I went to the dark side before - from a GQ to a GU Patrol

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

told you guys, when I can see one doing more (MORE) than 80km in a 100 zone, I may think about it

mind you I did see a Grand Cherry with a 6.7 Hemi the other day at the shops................
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HEMI............................

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

SRT HEMI

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Indiandme

Sep 21, 2013
Gladstone, CQ
Hi again, I am about to tow for the first time with the Jeep, and tried to put on my mirrors on (milenco grand aero tow mirrors) and found that they will not work..... they slip off beause of the taper on the mirrors. Has any of you found this, if so, what did you do, or what do you use?

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Hi again, I am about to tow for the first time with the Jeep, and tried to put on my mirrors on (milenco grand aero tow mirrors) and found that they will not work..... they slip off beause of the taper on the mirrors. Has any of you found this, if so, what did you do, or what do you use?

I have the Aero 2 and mount them from the bottom as there is a flatter and more surface area.
My mate lost one mounting from the top.

Attachments

• 20131124_163437.jpg
    20131124_163437.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 229

Indiandme

Sep 21, 2013
Gladstone, CQ
TE="BigSkiddy, post: 114492, member: 2791"]I have the Aero 2 and mount them from the bottom as there is a flatter and more surface area.
My mate lost one mounting from the top.[/QUOTE]
Brilliant idea, thanks for that...

Reactions: twscoot

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Just finished 4300km with Milenco Aeros. No problem. As was suggested - mount them from the bottom. The plastic on the mirror is flat and they grip without falling off.
Check them on longer trips as you go.
You should be able to set them up so you don't need to adjust them each time you take them on and off too.

Indiandme

Sep 21, 2013
Gladstone, CQ
Just finished 4300km with Milenco Aeros. No problem. As was suggested - mount them from the bottom. The plastic on the mirror is flat and they grip without falling off.
Check them on longer trips as you go.
You should be able to set them up so you don't need to adjust them each time you take them on and off too.
Sounds like the way to go. Thanks.