Buying a Expanda

Darcy

Apr 18, 2014
Hi everyone, hope you are having a good Easter!! We are new to this site and are in the process of buying a new 16.49.4 Onroad Expanda model. We recently sold our Outback Swan. If anyone can help with what they think is a reasonable price to pay for a new one??? The extras are drop down jacks, gas bottle holder, battery pack, TV antenna, Anderson plug, bed end flies and radio with external speakers. Cheers.

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
If I was in that situation, I would be contacting a few of the Jayco dealers (don't know where you live, but Im sure that there would be more than one Jayco dealership not too far away), and ask them for their best pricing on the configuration you are looking for. It is a competitive market! Then visit their premises to show that you are genuine and to see if they can better their respective offer!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA

CrazyMOBB

Feb 2, 2014
Matcham, Central Coast, NSW
Hi everyone, hope you are having a good Easter!! We are new to this site and are in the process of buying a new 16.49.4 Onroad Expanda model. We recently sold our Outback Swan. If anyone can help with what they think is a reasonable price to pay for a new one??? The extras are drop down jacks, gas bottle holder, battery pack, TV antenna, Anderson plug, bed end flies and radio with external speakers. Cheers.
If you had an outback swan why just the on road expanda? We had an onroad eagle and are getting the 16.49.4 OB. The only way to go.

Darcy

Apr 18, 2014
If you had an outback swan why just the on road expanda? We had an onroad eagle and are getting the 16.49.4 OB. The only way to go.
Thanks for responses. We are in Victoria I know the retail price but thought someone could tell me what they paid for van with similar options so I would know if I was getting a good deal. The answer to why not the outback is can't get it in garage height wise the Onroad will just scrape in wish I could get the outback.

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
G'day @Darcy we have only just picked up our 17.56.1 OB after going through a similar process. We started looking at 2nd hand then we narrowed down the model to the 17.56 after we reached the decision to go for hard lid versions only. Then we found that they seemed to be closer to the retail price. Then when we looked at new and then discovered that the 2014 (especially the outback) has inclusions that would have cost thousands. I spent a bit of time shopping around and found that the RRP is very negotiable. Yes our budget did blow out but we ended up with all the extras we would have tried to add over the following months.

Reactions: CrazyMOBB

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Thanks for responses. We are in Victoria I know the retail price but thought someone could tell me what they paid for van with similar options so I would know if I was getting a good deal. The answer to why not the outback is can't get it in garage height wise the Onroad will just scrape in wish I could get the outback.
Howdy welcome give paul and the team at gippsland jayco they are tje best to deal with hands down and after sales cant get better and price no ome came close to them on our last 2 vans tell paul greg from leongatha said to ring him he look after you guarantee

CrazyMOBB

Feb 2, 2014
Matcham, Central Coast, NSW
No worries. Hope you find what you are looking for. I can highly recommend the team at Jayco Nowra. Fantastic. Can't speak highly enough of them all.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Welcome @Darcy, you'll find that most dealers will work on extras being discounted to lower the final price. What I can tell you is that Page Bros in Seaford is the biggest Jayco dealer in the state and therefore will be pretty keen to do you a deal.
It looks like you've done your homework on what you want, so I would take your list and go and see them. Don't be afraid to shop them with other dealerships such as Bayswater etc.

At the end of the day it's better in your pocket than theirs.

Good luck

Az

marty18576

Jan 24, 2014
Briagolong
Q ? Noted you mention Anderson plug. Our Expanda 2012 already had a 12 volt wire to plug just had to get auto elec to set the car up. We were told this would charge caravan battery and run fridge while traveling it was much cheaper than wiring in a Anderson plug. Only new on the caravanning just wondering why as I know people that fit these plugs but don't have the live 12 volt wire to run fridge. Cheers

Last edited:

Darcy

Apr 18, 2014
Q ? Noted you mention Anderson plug. Our Expanda 2012 already had a 12 volt wire to plug just had to get auto elec to set the car up. We were told this would charge caravan battery and run fridge while traveling it was much cheaper than wiring in a Anderson plug. Only new on the caravanning just wondering why as I know people that fit these plugs but don't have the live 12 volt wire to run fridge. Cheers
I have been told if you have duel battery in the car Anderson plug gives more you power to run fridge & charge battery don't know if this is true or not

marty18576

Jan 24, 2014
Briagolong
So the 12 volt wire that connected to your fridge gets connected to Anderson plug. We were told that the 12 volt only helps hold the fridge cold so it needs to be cold first. We only have a single battery. Just spent 4 days camping with no power for the first time. Was very surprised how the battery lasted running the pump for shower and lights. Cheers Marty

Reactions: CrazyMOBB

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day @Darcy and welcome to the forum. If you do a search on 'wiring diagrams' you will find lots of info on dual batteries and fridge and battery wiring in the van. Good hunting. ;)