BT50 or DMax?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Disco 4 with the 8 speed box but then "Shoulda bought aJeep" ........ been over 30 yrs since my last Landy and I still miss it (except when I'm in a hurry).

Reactions: Disco Duck

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Disco 4 with the 8 speed box but then "Shoulda bought aJeep" ........ been over 30 yrs since my last Landy and I still miss it (except when I'm in a hurry).

I did give that some serious thought Drover, but like everyone else I am just a bit sick of digging around in the back of a wagon to find what I want. I not sure how the packing Gods work but they always seem to pack everything on the bottom so whenever I want something, I have to unpack half of the car to get it.
So I took your advice, which seemed to make sense and got a ute which will soon have an aluminium canopy on the back.

I gave up being "in a hurry" a long time ago, hence the reason I took the speedo out and installed a calendar

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I can tell you I am certainly missing my shed on the back, was some swearing coming form the back of the Jeep as I went to get stuff, it was so easybefore just open whichever door and grab the gear, none of this climbing over or unpacking crap..............My plan to pull the back seat out and fit a module went west when I saw how many damn bolts hold the flamin seat in................but with cunning I will sort it all out, in keeping with my KiSS Motto.

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
I can tell you I am certainly missing my shed on the back, was some swearing coming form the back of the Jeep as I went to get stuff, it was so easybefore just open whichever door and grab the gear, none of this climbing over or unpacking crap..............My plan to pull the back seat out and fit a module went west when I saw how many damn bolts hold the flamin seat in................but with cunning I will sort it all out, in keeping with my KiSS Motto.

Yeah, the shed on the ute makes a lot of sense to me. I have never had one so it will be something new and I'm looking forward to setting it all up.
Could you give us some idea of a couple of the words you used when you were fighting with the packing Gods in the Jeep ?
I'm always looking to improve my vocabulary.

You'll save a lot of weight if you pull the back seat out. Have you ever lifted one of those things ?? I pulled the back seat out of my Disco and nearly got a hernia trying to lift it out of the car, let alone get it up to the loft in my shed.

Reactions: Drover

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I'll keep working on it Chartrock. I'll get there :) I don't mind the little Mazda 2, all the same.
The Mazda2 is a great little car and we had it for 5 years. Mrs CR had 5 months of hospital last year and found it too awkward to get in and out of it as it was so low. The Subaru is an SUV so is a bit higher

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Could you give us some idea of a couple of the words you used when you were fighting with the packing Gods in the Jeep ?
I'm always looking to improve my vocabulary.

Think of cleaning up a FFO spill and go from there......:D:D:biggrin-new:

I have never had one so it will be something new and I'm looking forward to setting it all up.

I got mine from MatesRatesTools very good build quality, cheaper than others, replace tub with an alloy flat tray not a steel one, lighter and no need for head board or drop sides, I also had mine with roof strength panels added then I fitted a roof rack on it, 3 doors and no windows.

Story and pics here; https://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-new-horse-rg-colorado.7294/page-2

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Even though my BeasT50 is 2012 model, still enjoying it immensely, no regrets.
also swapped our Mazda 3 for the new model Maxda 3 Evolve, great car as well.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
In Charters Towers cp guy next door got towed in has a 2014 Ranger, oil pump shat itself ,known fault,was a recall for this problem.