BT 50 owners, a tyre size question

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I know a few of you have a Mazda BT 50 2012 or later, do any of you know whether the wheel nut spacing is equivalent to the Expanda wheels? In an emergency are they compatible enough to get you out of trouble?
I carry two BT spares when on a serious road trip and the single Expanda spare that comes with the OB versions.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Was checking my spare on the van today over this. Rim is 16x8, ET0 (offset), approx 117mm centre hole and 139.7 PCD. The Ranger XLT rims are 17x8 with the same PCD but offset is +55 so I can't see how you could interchange without a complete axle change on the van. If I tried to put a Ranger wheel on the van the tire would be hard up against the chassis rails and still could not be done up. Conversely, a van wheel on the Ranger would stick way out of the guards. I think that your Mazda wheels would be the same dimensions as the Ranger. I don't know what the Ranger hub size is. Hope I got all that right.

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Yes, I think you are right. Oh well with 1 spare for the Expanda and 2 for the BT50 XTR, I should be OK