BT 50 Coolant hose rework

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Just had the BT50 serviced yesterday and had the coolant hose rework carried out. These hoses have been bursting for a while as others have previously posted. There is now a proper rework from the factory, not just a new hose and cable tied out the way. Ranger owners may need to ask ford. So if you have a BT50 give your dealer a call.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Yep, had the same done on mine at its service yesterday. Was a Maxda 'recall' notice, no charge.
Have heard it happen on the Ford Ranger ( friend had it happen on his) but not on BTs as yet.
Precautionary, preventative action?
Includes a different type of hose and special heat shielding.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Ford have been doing the rework for some months. I had mine burst once, then they put a sleeve over the replacement then replaced with the rework hose last service.

Feb 19, 2015
Adelaide
www.erms.com.au
Hi gents, from what month was the hose recall given, had mine serviced in November last year, dont remember any mention of hoses, but had the clicking noise in the stereo recall done. Am a few mths away rrom next service too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
At my last service in Feb, my hoses were all redone as a consequence of a factory issued 'recall'.
Believe the Ford Ranger has also been 'recalled for the same work from the end of last year.
Dont believe it is a situation that required immediate urgent recall of all vehicles and is done at the next service.
I could be wrong of course. Just ring up your Mazda dealer to get clarification, that's what I did.

Last edited:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Best to call ahead to the dealer too, I have heard some dealers have run out of the parts and won't 'release' the car until the hose is replaced.

Had mine replace at Christmas time, hoses were hard to come by then as everyone was getting their cars serviced before the holidays.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
The recall only applies to some models, and will only be done when you go to the dealer. No recall notices were issued.
Must be a Mazda thing for no recall as I got a letter for my Ranger. They had to inspect it first though then determine whether to order in the specific hose's or not. The letter did specifically state that mine were to be replaced as against the Dealers response of only if they found wear or what the actual hose part number on the label was. If they hadn't replaced them I would have pushed the fact of the letter stating replacement, not inspect and maybe replace.