BreakSafe Battery charging

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hey guys.

I did a test yesterday to check the Breakaway system. All worked OK but now the RED led is up saying I need to charge the battery. I have hooked up my charger in power supply mode and the orange charge led is on. Just wondering how long it should take? Had it on for a few hours yesterday and for at least six hours today. Still showing red led when I test the unit.

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
the battery might be kaput if it's been on charge for that long and no results

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
the battery might be kaput if it's been on charge for that long and no results

I think it may be. I removed it from the Breaksafe unit. It is a NP7-12 in case anyone needs one. I looked on eBay and they are about $90-95. I put mine on my chager on Wet Cell mode and it went straight to Recondition mode. Will watch it today to see if it can be resurrected.

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
I think it may be. I removed it from the Breaksafe unit. It is a NP7-12 in case anyone needs one. I looked on eBay and they are about $90-95. I put mine on my chager on Wet Cell mode and it went straight to Recondition mode. Will watch it today to see if it can be resurrected.
$90 is dear we sell them for about $40

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
can you wire it to your van battery which is charged via the setec n solar ? my brake safe unit in the van has a single wire coming off it, what is this wire for ?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
can you wire it to your van battery which is charged via the setec n solar ? my brake safe unit in the van has a single wire coming off it, what is this wire for ?
That's what I did mate, wired to my van batteries. The single wire must be for charging from your tow vehicle I'd say?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Have also been getting the flat battery alarm on the remote unit when plugged in. Checked things out and the battery was flattish and only able to be charged when plugged into the Prado.

Ordered one of these this morning so will plug it in when it arrives and see if the battery will hold charge. If not then off to Batteryworld or similar!!!!

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Have also been getting the flat battery alarm on the remote unit when plugged in. Checked things out and the battery was flattish and only able to be charged when plugged into the Prado.

Ordered one of these this morning so will plug it in when it arrives and see if the battery will hold charge. If not then off to Batteryworld or similar!!!!

We were given one with the van, now permanently plugged in.

Reactions: dagree

WilliamsF1

Mar 25, 2015
Sydney
We were given one with the van, now permanently plugged in.
When we were driving and applied the car brakes the beep alarm sounded inside the car. It's a dead battery!! $40 will get you a new one, replace it and you won't have a drama. Mine was only 2 years old and I did think it would last longer than that. At least they don't cost a fortune to replace

Reactions: dagree