Brand new expanda design

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Has anyone seen the new design for the 18.57.5? We saw it today and seriously considering changing our order from the 17.56.2 to this new design. It has a slide club lounge and a full bathroom similar to the sterling, absolutely great.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Sounds good, I think a few years ago there was an 18'' with a slide out lounge area and maybe they have reintroduced it?

yeah there was, a lot of debate over slide outs and the issues with leaking etc. but you have gotta love the room they create inside the van.

Newclan

Jun 26, 2011
Port Hedland
I have the 2007 model with the slide out, it is brilliant especially if you have kids or just want more space. Mine was setup in Perth during days of heavy rain and no water came in at all, i have towed it on dusty roads in the Pilbara and no dust has got in the van at all.

We may upgrade before we go around Oz in a couple of years as I think we will prefer the dinette table setup and perhaps bunks as opposed to queen at one end and double at the other.

Cheers

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
I'd like to see some pics too, I had a look on the Jayco website but couldn't find anything. Where did you see it... was it at a dealers?

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Its not at any dealer, its the 2012 model. We saw a plan at Caravanland Perth. Im sure other Jayco dealers would have the plan. I dont know if Jayco keen with it going on this site. The slide out is different to the earlier versions. The club lounge slides out, this can also convert to a double bed that would sleep 2 adults well. The bathroom has a concetina door, separate shower with shower door, toilet with a lovely size vanity bench and cupboard, looks similar to the sterling bathrooms. I was told it is $3000 more for the slide out. hope this helps. Go to a dealer and ask to see the 2012 18.57.5 plan. Cheers Jenny