Brake safe monitor and best insurer

Bel8181

Sep 5, 2013
Hi, we are due to pick up our expanda on Monday ! Yay finally!

The dealer advised me today we need a brake safe in addition to our electric brake thingy can anyone help me with what this is? They quoted $200 to install, my husband installe dyne electric brake thing so I'm sure he can do this it's just neither of us know what it is.

Also any recommendations on van insurance???

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
There is a number of threads on insurance on the forum. I am with NRMA but others have found CLI to be cheaper. There is some ambiguity about the level of coverage when theft happens to an expanda due to the canvas walls. Some members have got a verbal assurance from CLI that they are covered, but I feel their wording is still a little dodgy.

Re the other electric brake thingy. I suspect you are talking about a breaksafe monitor. Are you in NSW? If so, and your van is over 2T, you will need a breaksafe monitor in your car that is visible or audible to the driver to let you know the condition of the vans emergency break away system.
They are very easy to install, you can get one here:
http://rvelectronics.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=25&product_id=54

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Just insured my 2009 16.49.3 with Youi. Very reasonable and they were happy to lower the quote, when I insured my Cruiser at the same time with them.

I went with Youi. I got a quote with a $700 excess. I then waited a couple of days and called them back and said I wasn't happy with the quote and they reduced the excess to $400 and took an extra $50 of the premium. Also they cover you for off road at no extra cost.

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Yep, we went with youi also, they were by far the cheapest, and best tio deal with over the phone. Oh and @relgate theres some nice toys on that link! cheers!