BP Ultimate Diesel Fuel available in Victoria

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I just noticed BP Ultimate Diesel is now available in Melbourne at some stations. It has been available interstate for a while. I will be interested to see what mileage I get. Early days but it looks better mileage than normal.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I got it the other night at Braeside, I googled and it is available at Frankston Sth, Cranbourne and Pakenham.
mmmmmmmm just looked but couldn't find it anywhere in the west I need fule now so probably go Caltex vortex

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've found Caltex Vortex and BP Ultimate do give a little bit extra but not enough to go out of the way to get since it is usually dearer so any benefit is lost, the best thing is they foam heaps less than standard diesel.

Probably burnt a few thousand litres over time.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
You hear too many horror stories about dodgy fuel causing major issues with motors. I have a BP fuel card with my BT50 so I only buy BP and if something goes wrong one day then I will blame them. I would only use BP or Caltex Diesel, but that's just me.

Reactions: achjimmy and Smirke

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
You hear too many horror stories about dodgy fuel causing major issues with motors. I have a BP fuel card with my BT50 so I only buy BP and if something goes wrong one day then I will blame them. I would only use BP or Caltex Diesel, but that's just me.
Same

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The only dodgy fuel I've ever got over 40 yrs and it was BP totalled killed the fuel pump and they only paid for half the repair anyway. I always keep the receipt for awhile just in case and only buy fuel from places that have high turn over and try not to buy from places next to rivers/creeks/swamps, brand name doesn't mean much nowadays as they get it from the same place but I do prefer Caltex, I find BP is usually more expensive up this way besides sticking to one brand while travelling could leave you in a panic as your preferred servo is out of range. Even in the trucks I had 2 fuel cards.

Saying that though I pass by some places as even with a high looking turnover I wonder whats in their tanks.

Reactions: macca

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Mr. W is also very fussy about his fuel. We always stop where the trucks seem to be filling up and we carry a large glass jar so he can put some in it to see what it looks like before we do a fill.

Drewser

Oct 14, 2013
Cockatoo, Victoria
Filled up with this in Pakenham, not intentionally, just didn't realise they had changed the pumps over. Anyway I still had about a quarter of a tank of regular diesel left when I filled up so not a full tank of Ultimate. It took a couple of days but the difference is definitely noticeable. Quieter, more responsive off the line and also when you plant the foot while moving, cruises at 80 kph in 5th gear at approx 1600 rpm where before was closer to 2000 rpm, and looks like I'll get about an extra 50ks from the tank, on board computer says mileage has dropped from an average 9.6l per 100k before to 9.1 now. Will fill up with it again tomorrow to see if this improves anymore as, like I said this was a mixed batch. Car is 2012 Colorado with 29,000 is on clock.

Lawrance Lee

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne, VIC
BP Australia's website has a handy search function that allows you to filter just on the fuel stations that sell BP Ultimate Diesel. Still not a lot of BP stations sell Ultimate Diesel in Melbourne. Even the big BP roadhouse truckstops on the EastLink are selling the "regular" BP diesel, not Ultimate Diesel. I've put in my first tankful today, and will continue to use it for a few more fillups to see if it makes any difference to Caltex Vortex Diesel.

Direct link to the BP website fuel finder: http://apps.nowwhere.com.au/BP/SiteLocator

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
While I have always liked to fuel up with Ultimate or Vortex, when I'm on the road I usually go for a place that I can get into without any hassle and I don't care if it's standard diesel or the more expensive stuff. Mind you I always find BP heaps dearer than the rest of them and off the main highways they are thin on the ground anyway.