17' Series Boot organisation and space saving

Oct 13, 2012
Hi all,
Just thought I would put the question out there to see if anyone had any ideas for the boot space on the 17-56 models? At the moment everything is thrown in randomly without any sort of organisation involved. Has anyone managed to devise a setup that works and makes everything easy to get in and out and not tangle up?

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
I was thinking about putting a loooong draw in either side of mine so everything could be accessed easily. Like some of them up market fancy vans have. Keyword " Thinking" .

Now if someone on the forum was a wiz the the aluminium the could make em up and sell em! Just saying.

I'd buy 2!!

Reactions: Ren77

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
I like the idea of the hose bags you can buy off eBay to store your fresh water and sullage hoses in nice and neatly.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hi all,
Just thought I would put the question out there to see if anyone had any ideas for the boot space on the 17-56 models? At the moment everything is thrown in randomly without any sort of organisation involved. Has anyone managed to devise a setup that works and makes everything easy to get in and out and not tangle up?
Front boots are for the element of surprise - you know its in there somewhere , always pulling it all out when you arive at your destination !!!!!

Reactions: blacky

GCMASOS

Nov 10, 2013
Was thinking about a drawer or something similar for under the chasis.

The dealer has already stained our flooor with the annex bags being left on tbe floor in delivery. Want to have them stored away so they are not in the way if we go away and don't use the annex but would like to have it there just incase.

Anyone done this...

GCMASOS

Nov 10, 2013
I want to keep the boot for other things not the annex. Want it stored separately under the van....time to do some engineering. ..can do it woth houses so here goes nothing...

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I like the idea of the hose bags you can buy off eBay to store your fresh water and sullage hoses in nice and neatly.

I keep my drinking water hose in a hose bag and strapped into/onto the spare wheel.
Sullage hoses of various lengths are pushed inside the chassis members (doubled over). No muck in the van!

The Wadamses

Jan 13, 2014
Tassie (near Launceston)
image.jpg
@17triton has also done a nifty number above, as you see. Not sure which thread it's from, but I saved this photo of it bc thought it was a great idea for keeping things sorted (thanks @17Triton:yo:)