BoD's Ranger XLT.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Here it is! Bull bar later this month, ARB forgot to colour code it so we will get it done and on later in July....it happens.

Done 100 km, drives nice!

Red arc remote brake controller, 12 pin wired with 4 mm wire and relays, two Anderson Plugs with 6 mm wires and relays. ARB Canopy with slide window on drivers side with dog bars, aero bars on the roof and a pressure hatch with a lift up window on the passenger side.

Rubber floor mats throughout.....just the bull bar to go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 207

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Have a PX Ranger myself........Personally the ex-Prado (2003) was a much better build. Have a 3.2 Auto Ranger now. Fuel economy is good when not towing. When towing the van, the economy is worse than the Prado. The Prado needed stabiliser bars otherwise it bounced all over the place, the Ranger doesn't need them, much better stability. Hows your suspension on the Ranger, mine was shite. Had to upgrade to ARB O.M.Emu, the old was so soft it was ridiculous with a load in the back.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Have a PX Ranger myself........Personally the ex-Prado (2003) was a much better build. Have a 3.2 Auto Ranger now. Fuel economy is good when not towing. When towing the van, the economy is worse than the Prado. The Prado needed stabiliser bars otherwise it bounced all over the place, the Ranger doesn't need them, much better stability. Hows your suspension on the Ranger, mine was shite. Had to upgrade to ARB O.M.Emu, the old was so soft it was ridiculous with a load in the back.

Only had it less than 24 hours, haven't hooked it up yet.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Sure am. All the heavy rain has shown a small leak in the seal around the canopy; ARB will sort it when the bullbar goes on. Looking forward to towing with it. My present van has a loaded ball weight of 190 kg or so and I'm told the JB Van will be about 200 kg. May need to pack another spring in, we'll see......take it as it comes; things are always as they are and rarely how we want them to be!

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Picked the car up 8 July, but only just got the bar fitted today. Looks good; too dark for photos when I got home. Get some over the weekend.

Now for some driving lights!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Hi @Bank of Dad. I use a 3rd party app called Photo Editor. There are a number of these that are free and will allow you to simply edit and save your photos.

Cheers.......I have a teenage daughter fortunately. She downloaded an APP called "You Doodle"!

So here's the Ranger with a proper front end!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 186