Bit the Bullet, she's ordered

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Enough questions and wondering,I figured if I left it much longer I wouldnt have a Van for xmas, and the wife has booked a two week stay at Manning Point, so it would have been the tent again and I couldnt go back to that. placed the order today.

16.49-3 Expanda Outback (lounge model).
Roll out Awning.
Control Panel.
Extended Drawer Bar (300mm).
External Shower
2 x Privacy Screens.
Extra 82 Litre Water Tank.
Wind Up TV Antenna.
Extra Double Power Point (Internal).
Anderson Plug.
Extra External 12 Volt Socket.
External Picnic Table.
Gas Bayonet.
90 Watt Solar Panel,30amp Regulator & 100amp Battery.
Dometic B2200 Roof Mounted A/C.
150 Litre Fridge.
CD/Radio & Internal Speakers.
External Speakers.

I might go another battery, does anybody know how much they weigh? would it be 30kg?

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
G'Day Jim and congrats on the order...looks like a great setup.
Is is due November or December?

The battery weight for 100amp would be around 16-20kg .

Good luck

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
G'Day Jim and congrats on the order...looks like a great setup.
Is is due November or December?

The battery weight for 100amp would be around 16-20kg .

Good luck

Thanks Pat

Delivery is tight, haven't been confirmed yet but been told Mid December

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Well done Jimmy we ordered our 16.49-3 the 1st week in Sept last year and got it the week before Xmas A great xmas present I reckon :clap2:

A nice list of extras too!

So are you going to have 3 water tanks?

mike007

Aug 8, 2011
Congrats on the order, great list of options. I have a 16-49-3b arriving end of next month and have a very similar list of options. I opted for a second battery at the build stage as it will be part of the van weight and won't bite into your available payload, if you add battery in later it will come out of your payload, just a thought.

Cheers
Mike

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Nice one, they are a popular model alright. I would go for that if not for the teenage girl and almost teenage boy.

Be nice if it arrives in December - hard to get it down the chimney though!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Guys

yes Cruza, trying to get the third tank, one dealer said the factory wouldnt do it, but will see. Apprantley you cant fit another 82l later only a 52l, which would still work for me. I want to plumb up the third for drinking only through the hand pump. if (and i hope it doesnt happen) Grey tanks for NP's come in, it could be converted for that. I was told that orders are already closed for xmas but a spare 16:49-2 chassis was avaialble. I have went with the dealer Bushman recommended and i think Moto used and he seems a straight up great bloke, so i trust his word.

Thoughts on the second battery was order it get the weight allocated to the payload and then put it in the boat or car (or sell it) i dont really need two batteries but figure i would have near 400kg payload with single battery then.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Well done Jim about time :rockon:

I was going to ask if you went to Rob, but I see you did. :biggrin1:

Yeah he was best to deal with and knew his stuff, I felt comfortable with him. I could have saved a considerable bit more with another dealer but didn't have the same confidence I had with Rob.