Big Decision 16-49-3 layout

Kazzam

Apr 13, 2013
Looking at 16-49-3 either with Dinette lounge or L-Shape lounge configeration. Would like to know positives and negatives for both ???

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
The dinette imo is heaps better it is a lot easier to get in and out of bed. We had a old 16-49-1 and modified it to something similar to the dinette. Oh and welcome aboard!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looking at 16-49-3 either with Dinette lounge or L-Shape lounge configeration. Would like to know positives and negatives for both ???

Gday mate and welcome. Another option is L shape lounge and remove table permanently, suited us and creates heaps of room!

Cheers.

Reactions: Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
I'm with Burnsy, L-shaped lounge with table removed. Gives a really nice sized lounge area with heaps of space to move around. We are a lounging family! We don't need a dining table inside. We prefer to eat either outside or if raining in the annex. We have a blow mould table in the annex that we can bring inside if needed. Loving the extra space we now have for our family if 4!

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
We went with the dinette because we didnt like the idea of climbing over the lounge to get in and out of bed but also to have the extra cupboard by the door, which is a great place to sit the TV. But in saying that the club lounge with a bed conversion would make for the ability to sleep an extra person if needed.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
We went the cafe model as it frees up floor space in the Expanda plus the extra cupboard works well for us as a pantry and a bench for the TV when we take it .

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Dinette for us as well - there are only two of us and we can stretch out - one seat each - especially if watching movie/tv. Heaps of room on table top if you are into board games or wanting to spread out a map etc

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
:welcome: to the forum.
We went with the Cafe Dinette model also. As others have said, we didn't like the idea of climbing over the lounge to get in and out the bed. The extra cupboard space and bench top space is good too. :)

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
We have the L shaped lounge option, the table folds in half so easy enough to get in and out of bed, the TV is wall mounted so don't need a bench to sit it on. The extra couch space leaves plenty of room for our family of 5, 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 9 year old, to sit for meals. The L side of the lounge also has enough room for our teenage son to sleep as a single bed, when we can't convince him to set up his tent outside!

we did originally look at the cafe model but it lacked seating inside for our family.

Cheers Cracka

Reactions: Lara

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
I had never really thought about it until our current expanda, we previously had a 12.37-2 with the L -shaped lounge which was ok, a bit hard to get in and out of but it never really worried us, our current 14.44-3 has the cafe dinette and we think it is heaps easier to get in and out of (we're not oldies either 23&26) and it is a much better use of space in our opinion, when we upgrade we will definatly go the dinette option

Kazzam

Apr 13, 2013
I had never really thought about it until our current expanda, we previously had a 12.37-2 with the L -shaped lounge which was ok, a bit hard to get in and out of but it never really worried us, our current 14.44-3 has the cafe dinette and we think it is heaps easier to get in and out of (we're not oldies either 23&26) and it is a much better use of space in our opinion
Thanks for your reply, good advice, we are leaning towards the dinette for the xtra space and storage.

RidgePanda

Mar 5, 2013
Barden Ridge
We have the dinette too and it works for 2 of us. We have adult kids and really only come away at Christmas so spend that time outside.

If we had younger kids I would have gone the lounge I think but Mrs RP wanted the extra cupboard, and when we did get it we have trouble filling all the cupboards :)

Kazzam

Apr 13, 2013
We have the L shaped lounge option, the table folds in half so easy enough to get in and out of bed, the TV is wall mounted so don't need a bench to sit it on. The extra couch space leaves plenty of room for our family of 5, 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 9 year old, to sit for meals. The L side of the lounge also has enough room for our teenage son to sleep as a single bed, when we can't convince him to set up his tent outside!

we did originally look at the cafe model but it lacked seating inside for our family.

Cheers Cracka
Thanks guys for the reply, my only concern with the Lshape is loss of cupboard space - where do you keep pantry food???

Kazzam

Apr 13, 2013
The dinette imo is heaps better it is a lot easier to get in and out of bed. We had a old 16-49-1 and modified it to something similar to the dinette. Oh and welcome aboard!
Thanks for the welcome and your reply

Kazzam

Apr 13, 2013
We have the dinette too and it works for 2 of us. We have adult kids and really only come away at Christmas so spend that time outside.

If we had younger kids I would have gone the lounge I think but Mrs RP wanted the extra cupboard, and when we did get it we have trouble filling all the cupboards :)
Thanks for your reply, that is the only reason we are thinking the dinette lounge so we have an extra cupboard. We have 2 girls 5 and 9. Decision still not made..

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Thanks guys for the reply, my only concern with the Lshape is loss of cupboard space - where do you keep pantry food???
We have put shelves in the wardrobe for pantry space, kids clothes fit in the cupboards above dinette and ours above the beds. Also put the hanging rails in the gap between shower and rear bed so we can hang 3 or 4 items.

we have come from a camper trailer, so we find there is plenty of cupboard space.

Famof5

Apr 20, 2012
We also went with the L shaped option. With a family of 5 we needed the extra seating at the table and we too use the longer lounge as a bed for our 10yr old. My 6'4" tall husband could not fit his legs under the dinette option anyway. Our TV is wall mounted and we have enough space to all comfortably lounge around to watch it. We don't have any issues getting in and out of the bed as we sleep the other end and let the kids all sleep at that end. We also fold the side of the table down which helps. We put shelves in the wardrobe and that is our pantry. While cupboard space was initially a concern, every trip we have been on so far we have failed to utilise all of the storage space - our longest trip away has been 2 1/2 weeks.

Vanessa

Reactions: crackacoldie

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
We also have the dinette too...I was torn when looking at them, but eventually decided on the dinette instead of the L shape fore the extra storage for the kids clothes and the TV...mind you...we have so much space if is not funny and haven't used it all. We have our pantry in the cupboard to the right of the pantry and then put all the chips and munchies under the pot draw which is under the grill. This cupboard has the wheel arch in it so it's good for them.​