Bed End Weather Flys - Coromal Transforma

Peter73

Aug 15, 2013
Hi Everyone, sorry for gate crashing your site but after drawing a blank on other forums and this being a common item for Expanda's I was hoping one of you good people could point me in the right direction.

I am after (removable) clear bed end fly's for my Coromal Transforma to protect the canvas from getting too wet when the wind is blowing and rain coming sideways. There seems to be readily available solutions for the Expanda's, but not for the Coromal Transforma.

Does anyone know of someone (preferably in metro Perth) that makes such a thing or if interstate manufacturers and freights?

Many thanks.

Pete

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
You could always make your own from clear pvc as quite a few have done.....just another option and cheap!

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Just go see a motor trimmer, or someone who makes annexes, should be quite a few in perth

Peter73

Aug 15, 2013
Thanks everyone. As I have spent a reasonable amount of coin on purchasing the van my preference is for the job to be done with some degree of professionalism rather than my own crude attempt. I will try to find a motor trimmer / canvas repairer who can do the job well. Thanks for the suggestions.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Hi peter if you search under bed ends you will fill plenty of options Crustt has just manufacture a cracking set I'm sure he could make something or even Holiday annex's. I'm not sure of your location.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Peter 73
I live in Perth and had 2 quotes from canvas makers. They really have no idea. They make annexes but the ends seem too hard. Both quotes where in excess of $1100. We have an expanda.
If you find anyone please let me know. We are thinking of getting them from Holiday Annexes in east and having them fitted by local caravan guy.
Cheers Jenny

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
@Jennymay.

Jenny, you may want to do your sums if you can't fit the bed ends yourself Holiday Annexes can make them at a cheaper rate because they specialize in them and make a few at a time, So if you look at the $1000 you will spend, possibly more with freight to W.A. then getting it fitted by the local caravan guy will be around the $100 mark. You should ask first to get an idea on the price for fitting and if they will even do it, going to a tradesman with a product or material that you supply is a little bit like taking your own ingredients to the local cafe and asking them to cook it up for you so you save money. Most tradies will fit the product you supply, but you will pay a corkage fee:biggrin-26:. Just trying to point out that a bit over $1100 is not so bad for a custom job and you are not going to save much money for the hassle of dealing with 2 companies instead of 1, if you were to go with the local guy and there is some little thing you don't like he'll likely fix it for free, if he did not make it then probably $100. I feel your pain, but sometimes cheapest isn't always best and isn't always cheapest.:smile:

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Crustt, it wasn't so much the money, it was the quality and design, I gave it to them( same as holiday annexes) and it seemed all to hard for them. They both came up with a modification design which we didn't like. We have a great mobile caravan guy that will fit them so it could be worth getting holiday ones.
Cheers

Hi Everyone, sorry for gate crashing your site but after drawing a blank on other forums and this being a common item for Expanda's I was hoping one of you good people could point me in the right direction.

I am after (removable) clear bed end fly's for my Coromal Transforma to protect the canvas from getting too wet when the wind is blowing and rain coming sideways. There seems to be readily available solutions for the Expanda's, but not for the Coromal Transforma.

Does anyone know of someone (preferably in metro Perth) that makes such a thing or if interstate manufacturers and freights?

Many thanks.

Pete
Hi Pete,
This is Kim from HOLIDAY ANNEXES and I just noticed your question about a weather proof cover for your bed ends.
We make canvas Bed Fly's which you can see on the products page of our website.
Admittedly they are designed for the Expanda but who knows....we have adapted them for the Windsor Rapid already.
We have sent them Australia wide so far with great success.
I hope this is helpful.
Kim 02 49 364778