Awning shade screen for 12.37 Expanda

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
My Expanda has a Carefree Fiesta awning; the roller is around 2450mm (8ft) long. I have been searching online for a shade screen to suit but have not yet been able to source one. Have found a number of suppliers that have larger widths which seem to start around 2.8m. Any 12.37 owners out there bought one recently? Or know of a supplier I could contact? Thanks.

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
Excellent!! You're right @jvp , its a great little van. I continue to be surprised by the roominess despite it being dwarfed by the majority of other vans around it. Suits the two of us and our two small mutts.
Curryhouse

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
Hi Curryhouse
Plenty of choice here. I spoke to a bloke at Caravan Bug on 0267627184. custom size no worries. $119 post free.
Anyway I think I'll go that way. They seemed the best price for that clever awning matting as well ( 'Le gear' I think ).
All the best
jvp

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
IMAG0634.jpg

Is this what your looking for, this one is probably a bit pricey as I made it out of vistweave, shadecloth is much cheaper.
This is one that I made for mine that I just sold, I made it with an insert for pole at the bottom so you can roll it up. PM me with the measurements and I could give you a price, if your interested, as it will fit in the post easy enough

Expanda 12.37

Jan 22, 2012
Bendigo
Our solution to the problem of getting a shade screen of the correct length for the 12.37 Expanda was to buy a longer one (a 10ft I think) which was on special at the local Jayco dealer (very good price) and then have a canvas repair place in Bendigo reduce to the exact length required and restitch the raw edge.

This was far cheaper than any quotes I had for having a new one purpose made to the required length.