Awning replacement

Shark

Feb 12, 2012
Wollongong, NSW
My expanda awning has a tear at each end where attached to the barrel, it was that way when we purchased the van second hand, I previously patched with sail repair tape from BCF and that has been adequate for 18 months but need to do something better. I removed the awning and attempted to glue vinyl patch but glue reacted and caused awning to delaminate, so damage is now worse. I have priced new replacement awning but that's expensive and work situation is unstable at the moment so looking for cheaper option. Prefer not to claim on insurance. Does anyone have second hand awning for sale, or suggest where I can find one ? Van is 2010 16ft, the awning is 13ft.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
There must be caravan wreckers around somewhere, if not it's not a bad idea! I see written off vans across the road from me at work in a NRMA holding yard.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
My dad had a t3500 mazda bus which he crashed in Griffith and I went up to help clean out the bus as it was written off. I got on the roof and ran a knife along the edge of the roof and took the awning off. He then got that stuff that slips into the sailtrack sewn on and mounted it onto his new coaster bus.

Shark

Feb 12, 2012
Wollongong, NSW
Thanks for the suggestions, I asked about repair at local shop & also at caravan show last weekend but they will only sell me a new one... I'm in contact with DaveS so hope he can find something for me.