17' Series Awning repair fail!

Youarehere

Jul 11, 2016
Australia
Slight mishap dismantling the awning whilst replacing the brace knob. Watch out for the spring loaded ends! Perfect timing, we were leaving Tuesday for 8 months!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    710.4 KB · Views: 304

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
OUCH... Hope it heals OK for the trip. OH and hope the awning didn't get damaged too much :behindsofa:

But sure you will enjoy the trip no matter... Safe travels and don't forget the pics and write-ups!

Youarehere

Jul 11, 2016
Australia
OUCH... Hope it heals OK for the trip. OH and hope the awning didn't get damaged too much :behindsofa:

But sure you will enjoy the trip no matter... Safe travels and don't forget the pics and write-ups!

Cheers thanks, I think I can drive ok without my pinky...I always have my trusty co-pilot
Not sure if the bottom awning bracket was broken before or after we tried replacing the brace knobs....oops

We always enjoy ourselves, maybe a little bit more now with the extra expanda luxury over the camper trailer

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
thats the sort of thing I used to do.................... (break myself as well as something else)
hope it heals ok, and as others have said, have a great time in your Expanda, and lots of piccies

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On a positive note, a finger of that shape can be damn handy in some mechanical situations :abnormal: as a few designers have one the same, they design things that need that sort of finger to remove.....:biggrin-26:

Oh and a 40mm split pin is what you needed to save a trip to doctors...........................:behindsofa:

Youarehere

Jul 11, 2016
Australia
On a positive note, a finger of that shape can be damn handy in some mechanical situations :abnormal: as a few designers have one the same, they design things that need that sort of finger to remove.....:biggrin-26:

Oh and a 40mm split pin is what you needed to save a trip to doctors...........................:behindsofa:
Hmmm....spoken like a true engineer (I could be wrong)

Reactions: dagree