Awning colour

anton Smith

Jul 8, 2013
Dunsborough
www.bluewaterbuilding.com.au
Hi guys,

3 weeks until we pick up our van. Bit excited. One last decision is the awning colours. We are selecting from the Tebbs Canvas range.

Has anyone used them before?
What colours are the best to select as far as heat? They have a selection of light greys which is what I am thinking.
Is it best to get single colours or go for a pattern?

We are getting a 20.63 outback expanda so also want to make sure the colour scheme works with that.

Any help?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We have a Tebbs and love it. I'll see if I can some photos of it set up after the weekend as I don't have access to it at the moment. We for the Grey horizontal pattern and we think it looks the goods

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
IMG_201310044095.jpg
This is what we went for on our 20.63. The light grey blends with the awning roof and he red matches the tug :)

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We checked the 3 main brands that manufacture annexes at the Sandown caravan show. Prior I was going to get Tebbs, leaning more to Alpine at the moment. Only because their salesman was happy to spend time with us and explain everything plus I liked their materials. Alpines show van was a 16 expanda so I could see exactly what I would be getting. Kakadu had an expanda on display also, they had end covers on display. Their ones are all vinyl welded, not stitched. They looked pretty good except they have to be installed each time. I said to the rep I want ones that I don't have to install all the time.

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
@AddItUp the awning was made by Alpine, I don't think they do "off the shelf" so yes, it is custom.

The park is the Big4 in swan Hill. A great park with beautiful lawns, lots of space, plenty for the kids to do (including their very own water park) and best of all come about 10pm the place is silent despite being nearly full.

AddItUp

Sep 29, 2013
@Adam G I liked the look of the grass in your photo. Sounds like a great park, I'll add it to the list. :)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Ok, Looks like I have only one shot of the annex in my files!
Here it is. I opted for a window (closed in this pic) and door at both sides, and there is a large full length window at the front (closed in this pic). It's not a showroom quality pic but you get to see the colour at least. We were also set up on a slope so it is a bit wonky on the left side.

We also got the extra 2 roof rafters with the package. I think they are essential (but not standard)

If i was to get another one, i would put zips on each end of the front wall so I could unzip and peg it out like an extra awning, or at least roll it up when we want to open things up a bit. hope that makes sense. Overall very very happy with the Tebbs quality and materials and also very happy with our fabric choice.

bawley_130117_4.JPG

Reactions: cruza driver

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Swaying back to Tebbs now, Phoned them today and with 10% show discount for the next couple of weeks, comes in at a good price.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
@relgate looking closely at your above posted pic, how have you attached the rear shade/ tarp the antiflap bar? have you simply clamped it in with the awning?? Thanks Pace.

You dont miss a trick @Pace
And you are correct, I just clamped it with the Anti-flap from the top side of the awning.
My anti-flap has 2 sail tracks so I was testing this set up to see if it was worth getting a local canvas company to make something similar for me to run through the other sail track. It was pretty good but I've not done anything else about it! I vacillate between getting the canvas and just getting a pop up like this. We would only use it for the 2 week block holidays
marquee3x3_e4.jpg

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Mate thanks for praise. l was supposed to have something like that done for our recent trip to Barwon Heads though time got the better of me (as Mrs Pace reminds) The gazebo pictured above is a good one, though the sear size of it for packing is what bothers me.
Come summer trip to W'bool, l will really need it though. Stay tuned for my version, time permitting of course. Pace.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Mate thanks for praise. l was supposed to have something like that done for our recent trip to Barwon Heads though time got the better of me (as Mrs Pace reminds) The gazebo pictured above is a good one, though the sear size of it for packing is what bothers me.
Come summer trip to W'bool, l will really need it though. Stay tuned for my version, time permitting of course. Pace.

I'm sure it will be a ripper (no pun intended)
Agreed about size and weight. I also was looking at the cheap ones but reading ebay feedback not many people are impressed with quality. Maybe I'll re-visit the canvas idea. From memory it was only going to be around $200-$250 for the awning

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Howdy we have a 20/63-1 we got a tebbs color is grey and maroon stipes and goes great and all blends in