Ateco Super Springs

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Has anyone had any experience you know anyone with these springs?

I'd be worried about the small contact points on the main leaf. With a constant heavy load it would be putting fair amount of pressure on a short section of spring in the opposite direction to the other (shorter) leaves.
Would love to hear some feedback from real customers not the sales spin.
Any idea of cost?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I'd be worried about the small contact points on the main leaf. With a constant heavy load it would be putting fair amount of pressure on a short section of spring in the opposite direction to the other (shorter) leaves.
Would love to hear some feedback from real customers not the sales spin.
Any idea of cost?
They are around the $600 mark depending on the spring rating, yes exy.

What you replied was my thoughts also but I didn't post them yet as I wanted to see if anyone else thought the same. :)
Yes I can see how the principle would work but the extra load on the oe leaf eyelet would be increased too.

My other concern would be, I wonder how noisey or if they are noisey or not?

Thanks for your thoughts @S&P

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Google yields very little aside from their own website (and this forum thread), so hopefully someone out there can offer some insight rather than mere speculation as I have :)
At $600 it's not something you just try and see, well not on my budget anyway!

Reactions: cruza driver

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
At that price I'd rather run comfort springs most of the time and you could have a spare set of heavy duty springs kept aside in the shed and just swap them out when your going on holidays towing your van. Jack up the rear, undo a couple of ubolts and shackles and your done

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
If its any help I was in Industrial Springs In Adelaide getting U/bolts for a new stone guard, and a few years ago had them reset the Navara springs so asked about the BT50.

BT50 reset+1extra pr $435.00
Ubolts set of 4 $64.00

hope it helps look around locally

regards Shiraz