17' Series Anybody with a JC 2014 had it wired to expanda

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
Hi,
I have had my Anderson plug put on the car to van for battery charge....is the battery direct to car on Anderson lead or through inverter in van?

Also I have had the 12 pin wired for fridge but all dosent seem to be working correctly. Is the wire in the 12 pin a live wire or sensor wire?The fridge is dragging power out of the van in travel not car?
And I have had the van battery switch to on to get car to charge.
( I don't think this is correct)

Anybody know the way this all should be wired and if he fridge is through the inverter in the van or direct to the batteries

I will accept phone calls from anyone that can help me out and can explain it to me so I can tell the auto elec....

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I need a bit more information Cheznick.
I think you might mean the Setec unit when you say inverter? They are not the same.
My setup is:
12 pin plug only.
Variable battery isolator in car set to release voltage from car at 13.0 volts.
Fridge run from (I think) pin 9 and 10 of the heavy duty bank of 5 pins of the 12 pin plug and then direct to fridge.
Trickle charge to battery via Setec unit from the smaller bank of 7 pins.
No Anderson used.
Cheers
Andrew

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
battery in van goes thru the switch for everything except solar usually, so it has to be on for charging on the move
fridge is wired to pin 9 (pink) and pin 10 (white) is earth return, it's not a sensor or anything like that, just a supply, it shouldn't be using the setek or batteries in van, but depending on fridge model some pull a little bit of power from van for electronic controls, but not for cooling and that part is separately wired to van anyway.
setek gets it's power(charging) from the car on pin2 (black)

most people who want to pump a bit more charge into the van run a anderson straight to battery, this has a extra bonus in that you can use that lead for portable solar or portable fridge IF you fuse the line at the battery.

I have seen one instance where a auto sparkie connected the battery to the fridge wires to allow it more charge from car, but that also allowed the fridge to run off van battery ..................